New tracks not showing in Music

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

BigPedro

New tracks not showing in Music

Post by BigPedro »

Hi, I've just added a bunch of new tracks using MMW5 and despite the files showing in my library location, in MMW5 they are not showing. I have shutdown and restarted but no go. What's going on here?
Barry4679

Re: New tracks not showing in Music

Post by Barry4679 »

BigPedro wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:27 am Hi, I've just added a bunch of new tracks using MMW5 and despite the files showing in my library location, in MMW5 they are not showing. I have shutdown and restarted but no go. What's going on here?
I suggest that you navigate to the tracks using the Folder node, and then use the Properties panel (Shift + Enter key) to see what media type has been assigned to these tracks.

The Music node contains only type=Music.
eg. Tracks with a Genre that includes the word "classical" get assigned to the Classical Music node.

You can fix any media type errors using the above Properties panel.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use Entire Library > Location (enable under Tools > Options > Collections & Views) and navigate to the location the files are locate to verify the files are really not in the MediaMonkey 5 Library.

Also see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... y-library/
lbdudeva

Post by lbdudeva »

I just downloaded version 5. I'm disappointed that the track number(s) are not showing and is not an option in the view column setup. Looks like MM is emulating Apple, I hate apple products, so discouraged unless track information can be brought back.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Track # is still available? What node in the Media Tree are you using and what View are you using?

Make sure you right click on the Column Headers and select Track # from the Audio section: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _are_Shown