How do I get the exact look and feel as MM4?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

eshutah

How do I get the exact look and feel as MM4?

Post by eshutah »

I have been a long-term user of MediaMonkey and been very happy with it. I especially like the spreadsheet-ish layout where I can have large quantities of data on the screen at the same time.

I have installed MM5. I'm using a desktop computer. The default screen has 14 huge tiles and a row of huge icons along the top, much like a cellphone or tablet app. When I maximize the app I get a screenful of tiles. How do I get the MM5 screen to look exactly like the MM4 screen?

If the answer is "you can't", I'd argue that this version is a new product and not an upgrade or update. Updates don't change the fundamental way a product is used, at least not without good reason. If I have to relearn how to use it I consider it a new product, and I have no interest in learning to use a new product that I find functionally inferior and annoying.

I have been writing software since the mid 1970's. Back then the focus was on providing the customer with what they wanted, not forcing what you feel like developing on the user. I have interacted with the authors of several apps that have to attitude, "If you can't use the program because of how I wrote it, go F-yourself." I'm a bit surprised that such a hostile business model is working.
Lowlander

Re: How do I get the exact look and feel as MM4?

Post by Lowlander »

The List View is likely what you're looking for: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, 'List' and 'List (by Album)' views are the views known as 'Details' and 'Art + Details' in MM4.

'Column filter' is now what used to be 'Column Browser' in MM4.

You might want also enable 'Show all subnodes' in the media tree: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oxjfr5e15cmj ... 4.png?dl=0
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

This is what I've done but I normally use the Black skin.

as opposed to

To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
WOW, I am impressed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

It took all of about two minutes to get it there, believe it or not. The first thing I did was change the skin. The Default skin is horrible. 5 is very easy to navigate and it was a cinch. The pluses of the new app outweigh the minuses but I still use 4 to rip and I had a huge project over the last couple of days I didn't want anything to go wrong. If you notice I have Music and Playing up top, I tend to switch between the two. I may add a third page (for lack of a better word) for Folders. Intermittedly I still have an issue with my drive not reading but it usually works it self out immediately, I've had to delete and reload my library more than I've wanted. I make a ton of music files and I use the date added category to keep my new files up top so to speak. Then again, seeing something like this works on occasion.
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where (what type of location) do you store your media? I've never had to remove files to add them again for them to work.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

Geez dude, we've been through this before.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=99939
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So you're bringing this up again in a different topic when you indicated the problem was fixed? If instead it still is an issue please continue it in the original thread so everyone has the background on this.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

When It happened again shortly after the last message I just left it alone. It seems to restore itself most of the time. When I doesn't I clear my library and then load the back up. I usually give it a day. Although you seem to think it's my computers fault I have other media players on my computer and have never lost the link between the program and the drive address; until mm5 that is. That is including MM4 which I use a little more frequently than I like because the original add dates for files are there.
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then what was asked there still stands, a debug log would be helpful to troubleshoot.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

when it happens again I'll send one.
George Clinton