How to downgrade back to MM 4.x

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

raelalt

Re: How to downgrade back to MM 4.x

Post by raelalt »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 am MediaMonkey 4 is still installed if you didn't uninstall it and can be used alongside the MediaMonkey 5 install. You can uninstall MediaMonkey 5 without losing settings in MediaMonkey 4 as they're independent installations.
Thanks, unlike the OP, I absolutely HATE the V5 interface and want to go back to V4. Most unintuitive user interface ever.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can change the Skin under Tools > Options > Skins, Metro M is an old style skin: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... g_the_Skin

You can change how MediaMonkey displays in the Filelisting. Although the Browser View is often used in MediaMonkey 5, you can use other views like List and Grid like in MediaMonkey 4: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Update: synching my iPhone 13 ios 15. Just not working. I get a message from MM5 indicating MM5 does not recognize my device. The other weird thing, and really irritating thing, is when I have MM5 open and I connect my iPhone to my computer, it brings up MM4. I swear this is true as it has happened twice.

Still playing with this synching issue. I believe it is related to Parallels. More to come…….
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which software opens on connection is a Windows Auto-Play setting.
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Thanks lowlander. Got by that issue. My iPhone synched which is good. Bad news is it synched less than 1/2 of the music in my playlists. That is to say it synched 8 titles out of 58 in my one playlists. In my all time top 1000 titles, it synched 181 titles. I checked the playlists in MM5 and they are all there along with all the titles.

On synch options, what does format in library mean. I have all mp3 and flac checked.

Thoughts?
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.

Are you asking about Supported Formats: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ration/5.0
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Well I have some reading to do because now I see MM5 converting my playlists before synching. Not sure why but let me look into this first before wasting your (or Supports) time with might be my setup problem. It does appear MM5 is getting more titles in the playlists this time but it is sooooooo slowwwwwwww.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Conversion can happen depending on your settings: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Conversion

You may want to update to the latest beta of 5.0.2 as well as the latest MediaMonkey Codec Pack as it may fix issues you're experiencing: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Auto conversion was my issue. I really did not need it so no more auto conversion.

Synching a iPhone 13 with ios 15.0.1. Need to update to 15.0.2……
I do have problem with synching….Synch still runs a long long time and is only synching a subset of titles in my playlists. I have one playlist that does have all titles. The other 95 playlists are all there but not all titles within the playlists. I should mention that all of my music is indexed and addressable. That is to say That I am not missing those titles in my database.

I am going to reinstall iTunes and see if that helps as I still get a message indicating Windows does not recognize my iPhone 13. This happened in MM4 on my iPhone XR as well but it still synched correctly.
Last edited by Shakadula5153 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Update regarding synching the iPhone 13 with ios 15.0.2………

Full synch does NOT work. I have to synch 96 playlists individually. I plug in my iphone, pull up playlists on the tree and right click on one playlist. Select the send to option and slide over to iphone 13. The playlist will then synch to my iPhone. It takes about 17 minutes per 100 titles. So my top 1000 songs takes over 2 hours to synch. This is unreasonable. Also I noticed that the synching counter in the lower left corner loses focus and does not increment the count unless I focus on another window, like task manager, and then back to MM5. This is just a minor irritation but none the less a bug.

One man’s opinion: I think we (media monkey users) are victims of the rush to market of MM5. In an effort to quickly pull in the extra cash of MM Gold, the accountants or GODs or whomever at MM decided that it was “good enough” to release. It is not good enough when you can’t even perform the most basic function of synching an iPhone in a timely fashion. I am aware that these developers are not saving lives but anything worth doing is worth doing right. Thank God these people are not in the medical field or working for NASA. It seems no effort was put into ios 15 in MM4. I see this as customers are necessary evils. Much like insurance companies. Let’s charge more and deliver less! Okay, enough on accounting decisions.

With all that stated, I can’t thank Peke and and Lowlander enough for their support. Peke did get my MM5 working on my iMac running Parallels. It is “taped” together but I am limping along. My primary goal is to synch my music to my iPhone and I am now making that happen. It might take 20+ hours to synch 96 playlists but at least I have my music on my phone.

I would prefer to continue to use MM4 and synch my iPhone 13 with ios 15 because the MM4 user interface works well for me.

Okay, done.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
First thank you for kind words.
Shakadula5153 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 am I would prefer to continue to use MM4 and synch my iPhone 13 with ios 15 because the MM4 user interface works well for me.
You can always try https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/ and go back to MM4 if you missed my note to you.

Finally if you wish you know how to contact us and now that you gotten familiar with MM5 we can try to optimize it under Parallels if needed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Installed dll but received message that it could not be installed. Pressed "Ignore" and the driver installed successfully installed in MM4.

Same issue in that MM4 will not synch to the iPhone 13 ios 15.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Use Right click Run as Administrator -> Tools -> Extensions -> Add -> Browse to downloaded MMIP and disable Install as User. It should install Normally.

NOTE iPhone must not to be connected while you install plugin.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Okay. I will try this.

Thanks.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Peke, It worked. Interesting in that when I run MM4 as admin, it did not recognize my database/music. It did install the driver successfully. When I restarted MM4 as a user, everything worked. I was able to synch an individual playlist successfully on my iPhone 13 using ios 15.

Now for the bad news; it took about 10 minutes to synch 9 titles. This is even worse than MM5 as that takes about 1 minute to synch 7 titles. I am still running tests but it is what it is.

Are others having issues with slow synching or is it just Parallels users?
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software