3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

Re: 3D Flow Album View [successor to MonkeyFlow for MM5] Beta Testing

Post by drakinite »

Now uploaded version 0.1.2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqNshXHq1V7kuzZU8tg
Change since 0.1.1:
  • Fixed that blasted error that was causing it to completely fail on some people's computers!
I will keep the errors counter for the time being, however, just in case more issues arise during beta testing.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

I'm just getting back to this, wow version 1.2 is great so far. I am still trying to figure out MM5 though...... and 3D Flow is super fast is it possible to have it in a view at the top middle like monkey flow use to be so I can see the list of albums / tracks below it?
Mbane

Post by Mbane »

Still only work on the Album node. Anyway to make it work with the All Tracks node or Playing node?
I usually only select All Tracks with shuffle enabled.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Drakinite,

Have checked 0.1.2 with MMW5.0.1.2424 and everything is as before.

The only minor improvement that might help is if the "focus" could be restored after "Warping".

Current if I want to "Warp" thru letters I need to press "A" then mouse click then "B" then mouse click then "C" and so on...

It would be nice if it went something like this "A" then re-focus after a short delay so screen will respond to "B" without having to click the mouse.

A very minor point, but if this is possible that would be great.

Also, the response seems much better. Not certain how much is down to the improvements you have made and how much is down to me "minimising" my artwork.

I agree with earlier posts, if this could be extended to cover other display "groups" (Artists, Composers, Genres, Publishers, Year/Decade) then it would be great.

Keep up the great work.
Ian Taylor
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

I must be missing something... I've downloaded and added the Add-In, restarted MM5... but how do I actually enable this? There's nothing under Views or elsewhere that I can find... ?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

On the left, select Entire Library and then Albums.

The from the top bar menu, select View then Main Panel View (about 11 down) and to the right you will see 3D Album View (4th item).

Now repeat for Music (then Albums), Classical (then Albums) and for any user defined collections.

Also, I would suggest going to Tools then Add-Ons and using the Find Updates button in the lower right. This will let you know if there are any updates to any of the Add-Ons
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Exactly! But don't forget that for this addon, the automatic update check will not work at the moment. It's not yet complete, and is not yet on the addons repository on the site.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Pista

Post by Pista »

Is there a way to get the Now Playing album art to change automatically when the song changes using Auto-DJ, shuffle etc?
MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627

Windows 11 Pro
v21H2
Build 22000.739

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
RAM 12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use the Playing node in the Media Tree and set the View to Album Art. Perhaps that suits your needs.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views
https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... laying/5.0
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Have you all waited long enough for an update to the 3D Flow Album View? Yes?? Well I've got a treat for you!

Version 0.2.0 is now ready, and it's a MASSIVE improvement!
I bring you:
  • Support for the Playlist and All Tracks nodes
  • Optional tracklist below the view, which automatically populates with the appropriate album
  • Fixed filtering and scrolling! Type inside the view, and it'll either jump to the appropriate album or filter the list of albums down, depending on your setting! (Options > Search)
  • Configurable Settings: You can change the automatic text and hotlinks! You can change the mouse scroll speed! And you can change your background color!! For convenience, you can change the settings with a shortcut button at the top-right.
  • including a sneak preview of the Color Picker control (which will be coming officially with version 5.0.2)
Download it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqtJrfnur3qzbDEQOJA

Still on the to-do/fix list:
- When in the Playlist node, filter the tracklist to what's just in the playlist
- When opening the tracklist for the first time, it appears very short
- Improving the appearance when the carousel is very wide and vertically short
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Drakinite,

Installed over 0.1.2 using the ADD option after checking FIND UPDATES. Straight-forward install, great.

I didn't quite get the Playlist option initially as I selected the PLAYLISTS node and was sort of expecting the 3D View to be an option. Then it clicked, selected an actual PLAYLIST under the node (one with multiple albums).

All seems to work well under initial test. You may want to make the "xyz" Phrase Not Found a little more prominent?

Might do a little video if that helps.
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Hot shit ... ;-)

I will also work with the view now (from the playlists view, a big thumbs up for that). Looks great!
drakinite wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:09 pm - Improving the appearance when the carousel is very wide and vertically short
What do you think of not placing the track list (optional) below but next to the cover list? Basically instead of the playlist.
That would possibly "distort" the entire view (or two parts then) of the window less.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... w?e=Z0Bitw

A few minutes of video covering the install and a bit of a click around.
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Short "kind of bug" report: If the playlist changes during playback, the cover and title display can become asynchronous.

Example: I have a playlist with titles that have yet to be rated. If an entire album disappears from the playlist as a result of editing (rating) while playing in the view, the cover remains in the upper, graphic view, but the tracks of the album are (correctly) no longer found, instead those from the next album appears in list. From then on, cover and tracks missmatches ; I assume that the indexes of the cover list and the tracklist don't longer match.

Is a very special use case, and no big deal; just wanted to report it.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Version 0.2.1 is now ready!
Changes since 0.2.0:
  • The tracklist now appears at the correct height, and it animates up smoothly.
  • The camera now moves and the albums space farther apart when the view is super wide, so the illusion is never broken that the carousel appears "infinite."
  • Fixed the carousel scrolling on laptop trackpads. (it caused a crash)
  • When a playlist is opened, the tracklist now shows just the album's tracks that are within the playlist.
  • It now updates if the playlist has updated.
  • **And:** If you are using a beta build of MM 5.0.2, it will now request a maximum thumbnail size of 512px, instead of larger. This will improve performance when scrolling across the carousel, especially if you have album arts with high resolution. To enable this feature, after installing MM 5.0.2, simply open the addon settings (the gear in the top-right) and click OK to save. It'll automatically update the thumbnail settings! After you do this, the carousel may stutter slightly while MM loads and pre-caches the thumbnails for the first time. But after the thumbnails are cached, performance will be much smoother.
Download it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqtRdX4zEjj5MH3QKRQ

- - -
Andre_H wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:53 am Short "kind of bug" report: If the playlist changes during playback, the cover and title display can become asynchronous.
Thank you for reporting that; fixed!
Andre_H wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 am What do you think of not placing the track list (optional) below but next to the cover list? Basically instead of the playlist.
That would possibly "distort" the entire view (or two parts then) of the window less.
Good idea, but I tried that, and it looks quite bad IMO. Lots of wasted space. http://files.drakinite.net/2021-09-20_21-14-15.mp4
If you feel differently, I could make it a setting?
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 am You may want to make the "xyz" Phrase Not Found a little more prominent?
The "xyz" Phrase Not Found toast message is the same as in a regular tracklist view; just being consistent. Personally, I'm more of a fan of the filtering-matches than of the scroll-to-match anyways. :)

As always, thank you both for your valuable feedback! :heart:
Now, I have an important question: Should the tracklist be opened by default, or should it be hidden by default? What're your thoughts?