How do add-ons work in MM5?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

loondawg

How do add-ons work in MM5?

Post by loondawg »

As the title says, how do add-ons work in MM5?

I've been a gold user for years. And I am still finding the upgrade to MM5 really painful in too many ways. I'm struggling with things that used to seem really basic. And I don't know it it's because something is broken, functionality has changed, or I need to click some new or moved setting, or what. I am so incredibly frustrated right now.

Currently, I am simply trying to auto-increment tracks. But the choice is missing. I've tried adding via tools > add-ons and tools > options >add-ons.. It says it's installed and needs to restart. But it's not there after restarting. It's a portable installation. I've tried this running as admin. On-line it says it should be under tools > extension, but I have no such menu.

How is this supposed to work so I can figure out if it's broken or I am doing something incorrectly?
Lowlander

Re: How do add-ons work in MM5?

Post by Lowlander »

How an Addon works depends on each Addon, for Auto-increment Track #s see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... #Edit_Tags
loondawg

Post by loondawg »

Appreciate the reply. It did not exactly answer the question but it definitely helped find the answer.

The problem was the option to use auto-increment was nowhere to be found. It was not in the same place it was in MM4. And it was not where the help you linked to said it was. I had actually already seen that help before posting my question. But in looking at it again, I found that help was wrong.

That link says it should be found under Tools > Options > Edit Tags. But it is actually under Tools > Edit Tags.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
loondawg wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 pm That link says it should be found under Tools > Options > Edit Tags. But it is actually under Tools > Edit Tags.
THX corrected.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts