Adding additional lyric sources

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

delaysix

Adding additional lyric sources

Post by delaysix »

Great to see the new site refresh and official release of MM5! I've pretty much moved my library over from MM4 to MM5, and really enjoying it so far. I would be able to ditch MM4 completely, if I didn't rely on the Lyricator plugin for Asian music (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =2&t=74982) that is currently only available for MM4.

I see that MM5 has lyric sources, and I am interested in trying to add additional sources to grab song lyrics from. Is there a way I can go about doing this? What would the difficulty be (I know some python/web scraping)? Would love to help!
drakinite

Re: Adding additional lyric sources

Post by drakinite »

There's a built-in addon named lyricsSources (located in Scripts/lyricsSources) which adds the lyrics sources that are currently in MediaMonkey. You can use that addon as a baseline for adding your own lyrics sources. :slight_smile:

For info on how to make MM5 addons, you can take a look at the Developer Forum pinned post and the Getting Started guide.

Let me know if you have questions or need additional help!
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.