Minilyrics support?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Raffhell

Minilyrics support?

Post by Raffhell »

I know that MM5 actually support lyrics, but I really miss the ease of use - especially the editor - of standalone Minilyrics which development halted (so no MM5 plugin for it).

So the question is: can I use my *.lrc files with some other addon/software in MM5?

Thanks, and have a good day ^^
Skin: MetroM(MM4) | BlackMonkey(MM5)
Plugins: Minilyrics(MM4) | Stock(MM5)
"There's nothing better than a singin' monkey!"
Peke

Re: Minilyrics support?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is no plans for direct lrc support ATM, than what actually is made. We opened up things a little as now you have Playing -> Lyrics view which can be later expanded further.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

Tnx. I really hope some good alternative - which also support MM5 - to minilyrics exist... but I fear not.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Raffhell wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 am Tnx. I really hope some good alternative - which also support MM5 - to minilyrics exist... but I fear not.
Once MM5 is out I would not be surprised that new plugins emerge.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

Sadly, I doubt it. Last version was released on 2015 and the software is still commercial -- even if the latest free version is fully functional -- so there is not a big community interest in fixing the generic plugin. Also, there is not a working contact form anymore. It probably still works with any other players but not (anymore) with the better one ;)
Also, there is a very small chance to make it work, loading as visualizer or something similar in MM5, but not exactly sure how the ML hooking dll worked on MM4. It probably used the same mechanism of Winamp plugins on which the software still works.
Looking for alternatives too, but still slightly tricky as the instruction are for MM4 where ironically most of them work out the box; but yeah, usually such softwares don't forgot MediaMonkey ^^,
stevengrosvenor

Post by stevengrosvenor »

Please add minilyrics support for V5
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Could you give a few examples of .lrc files? I can't make any promises, but I can look into the possibility at least. Though displaying lyrics in realtime would take a considerable bit of work, it might be feasible in the short-term to simply import the .lrc file and rearrange it into a single string that can be saved and shown in the regular lyrics window.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

drakinite wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:00 pm Could you give a few examples of .lrc files?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Having the hook fixed will be the best solution for a simple reason: the editor of MiniLyrics allow to do lrc files within minutes and the whole software still support most of "legacy" players as Winamp or Windows Media Player. Also, there is already a karaoke lyric popup function (which is the best function of ML imho).
plafrance

Minilyrics

Post by plafrance »

I want minilryics back!!
jess12345

Post by jess12345 »

Would be awesome
thucke

Post by thucke »

+1
Maka

Post by Maka »

if there is hope, this is it
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
ifishnc

Post by ifishnc »

Agree that Minilyrics is a must. I have suggested that the lyrics box in MM could be expanded so the lyrics could be easily read. I project my laptop to my large screen TV and my grandkids love to sit around and sing along with the music as the lyrics bounce by in ML. Who doesn't like to sing along when you actually know the words to a song?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Btw, I should mention that I have no way of actually querying whatever API MiniLyrics uses to retrieve the lyrics automatically... unless it happens to be documented somewhere. If it's not documented & free for 3rd party applications to use, the only thing we can feasibly do is display track lyrics that already have their MiniLyrics saved to their lyrics metadata. (And possibly to make it a bit easier to load those .lrc MiniLyrics files into the track lyrics.