SQL Editor 1.0.1

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Barry4679

SQL Editor 1.0.1

Post by Barry4679 »

Thanks for this addon. It is useful, mostly because it resolves the missing IUNICODE collation hassle ... and also because it guarantees that the query will be run with the same version of SQLITE that MM is using. :)

I really like the "1.0.1" part of the addon's name :D ... because that suggests that there may be more to come.

My (first) votes are:
  • some way to save and reuse queries ... even something basic like you have used for Advanced Search criteria lines would be OK
  • adding a comment field, for the saved query, would be good ... ie. like you have for Custom Collections ... it would be good if you defaulted to the comment for the line's hover tool tip
  • it would be good if there was a checkbox to deactivate an addon, ie. without uninstalling it .... to supress the ugly sql icon that you have put into the tool bar
    ... I think that would be generally useful extension the the Addons facility.
  • it would be good if the sql window had the option to open in a std MM5 tab, instead of in its own separate window
Issues are ranked, most desirable being first, and nit picking at the bottom.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: SQL Editor 1.0.1

Post by Peke »

Hi,
disabling Plugins without uninstall is on our To do under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13903
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:09 pm disabling Plugins without uninstall is on our To do under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13903
that's good, thanks for keeping me in the loop
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

This could be a functional workaround for migratied customers who are missing addons, in MM5, to handle their customary reporting needs. ...And if the user has no SQL skills, it is relatively easy for someone else to help them.

I say "could be a functional workaround: because it is not, unless it is enhanced to have a Print Button which unscrolls and prints ... and\or a Export to CSV file facility.

nb.The existing Export to CSV facility in MM5 is only useful in limited cases, because it is missing key columns like AlbumArtist (so the user can create disambiguated album lists), and the Composer name.

Also this addon should have a footer line warning the user that it will only return a maximum of 1,000 lines. That is unexpected, and could cause confusion and complaints.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

This would be good for reporting if Printer was available
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Hey Mediamonkey Developers ... any chance of this being updated to support more than 1000 files AND have a printer output? Or is the 1000 files a limit of sqlite?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

dtsig wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:29 am Hey Mediamonkey Developers ... any chance of this being updated to support more than 1000 files AND have a printer output? Or is the 1000 files a limit of sqlite?
It is commonly accepted per page Limit.
Why you need printer output there as MM never had Print Option?

You can select whatever files in List -> Right click -> Send To -> File list and then you can use your preferred app to print.
Best regards,
Peke
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Peke wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:48 am
dtsig wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:29 am Hey Mediamonkey Developers ... any chance of this being updated to support more than 1000 files AND have a printer output? Or is the 1000 files a limit of sqlite?
It is commonly accepted per page Limit.
Why you need printer output there as MM never had Print Option?

You can select whatever files in List -> Right click -> Send To -> File list and then you can use your preferred app to print.
1) 1000 may not be enough if you are trying to create a report. Because mm5 does not have a reporting engine ... sql is our best hope.
2) The reason we need printer output is because MM5 does not have reporting available and if we *need* reporting SQL is our best hope.
3) You can select whatever files in List -> Right click -> Send To -> File list and then you can use your preferred app to print. This is not really a solution which we are trying to find.

Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Edit Line 42 and 44 of sqleditor\dialogs\dlgSQLEditor.js and change 1000 -> 10000 for example.
Best regards,
Peke
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

thanks for that ... now all we need is a way to have output :)

Note: for me it was located in Mediamonkey 5/scripts/SqlEditor/dialogs/dlgSqlEditor.js
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I know this is a BIG want ... but if the output of the SQL window could be Send To .. that would take care of most all the reporting requirements. No need for printer output I think.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

dtsig wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:42 pm thanks for that ... now all we need is a way to have output :)

Note: for me it was located in Mediamonkey 5/scripts/SqlEditor/dialogs/dlgSqlEditor.js
Now, you will need someone else for that ;)

EDIT: We will see what can be done, but not top priority.
Best regards,
Peke
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

aw .. you could do it ... what else do you have to do on a sunday evening? :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

dtsig wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 pm aw .. you could do it ... what else do you have to do on a sunday evening? :)
I guess you see it wrong it is 2am here ;) Wouldn't be fun for you to get dirty a bit?
Best regards,
Peke
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

For anyone wondering .. the documentation i was referring to is found in the wiki. It looks like the individual Table pages haven't been kept up as there are more columns to work out in the actual tables. But my guess is that the majority of the tables/links are correct. Great to peruse if you are going to mess with the SQL Editor
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig