Playlist contain all the subplaylist content [#17529]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Biggus_Dickus

Playlist contain all the subplaylist content [#17529]

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

There is no way, make my songs in parent playlist visible, when songs are only in child playlist. Have newest MM5.
Lowlander

Re: Inherit child playlists [#17308]

Post by Lowlander »

You can have an AutoPlaylist inherit files from other Playlists, just like MediaMonkey 4. Use the Criteria Playlist is in an AutoPlaylist to select which Playlists to inherit files from.

There is no automated way to have a parent Playlist inherit files from any child Playlists. Although this may be desirable for some, it isn't something that would work for all as the nesting is also used for organization of Playlists.

The fix is the ability to Drag & Drop to move multiple Playlists at the same time (not in the Media Tree), just in the Filelisting when viewing Playlists as a Grid.
Biggus_Dickus

Re: Inherit child playlists [#17308]

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:45 pm You can have an AutoPlaylist inherit files from other Playlists, just like MediaMonkey 4. Use the Criteria Playlist is in an AutoPlaylist to select which Playlists to inherit files.
Thx Lowlander. Yes, this way I know, but I update a huge bunch of playlists once a week and I love comfort of this script, cause saves me a lot of time. So it seems I need to stay with MM4 at the moment.
Peke

Re: Playlist contain all the subplaylist content

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts