YouTube Service [#17388]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Barry4679

YouTube Service [#17388]

Post by Barry4679 »

It is installed.
How do I use it?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Re: YouTube Service

Post by MiPi »

YouTube service is integral part of the application, it is not listed under Devices & Services.
Your image shows video from Vimeo, not YouTube. But I tried the same and can play the related video without problems. Can you try again? Could be temporary problem with Youtube. In case you reproduce it again, please catch it in debug log, thanks.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

MiPi wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm YouTube service is integral part of the application, it is not listed under Devices & Services.
If it is an integral part of the application why is it listed in the Tools|Addons list?
MiPi wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm But I tried the same and can play the related video without problems. Can you try again? Could be temporary problem with Youtube. In case you reproduce it again, please catch it in debug log, thanks.
I still see the same thing.
I PM'd you a debug log and a gif file.
Each time I tried to play a track it just opened Explorer file browser ... that's what happens if MM5 is unable to access Youtube?
BTW I have not installed the optional codec pack ... is that required for video playback in MM5?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Thanks! I have found the reason, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17388
No, this behavior is wrong and codec pack is not needed for YT playback.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Barry4679 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:15 am If it is an integral part of the application why is it listed in the Tools|Addons list?
It is as addon, because this way it can be easier updated, when Google something changes, without need of whole new app release. We can release only new version of YT addon.