Genius Lyrics Source

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

fizzjob

Genius Lyrics Source

Post by fizzjob »

This will add genius.com as a lyric source to MM5.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ce-genius/

Thanks to drakinite & TIV73 for their patient assistance in getting this working and packaged.
Ludek

Re: Genius Lyrics Source

Post by Ludek »

Good work!

Seeing that it was updated on 03/09/2021which is my birthday :D
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

BTW: Seeing your source, aren't the NotifyWebReq and LoadWebPageFailed functions redundant? They are already in the original lyricsSearch.js so the only that is needed is defining rGenius and pushing it to the window.lyricsSources ?
lwerman

MM5 lyric lookup results

Post by lwerman »

I have many songs that are getting tagged with lyrics that are not lyrics.
e.g.
Artist: The Beatles
Album: 1
Song: Hello Goodbye
Track: 19

Lyrics Lookup Result:

[Verse 1]
<a href="/2191425/The-beatles-hello-goodbye/You-say-yes-i-say-no-you-say-stop-and-i-say-go-go-go-oh-no" class="ReferentFragmentVariantdesktop__ClickTarget-sc-1837hky-0 dkZkek

I've tried all sorts of different lookup settings; auto, not-auto, sources, etc. Nothing produces any different result.
MM5 Ver: 5.0.1.2433
Lowlander

Re: MM5 lyric lookup results

Post by Lowlander »

This is something that will require continuous updates as the Lyrics Sources make changes. It seems to work as expected in MediaMonkey 5.0.2 beta: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:44 pm This is something that will require continuous updates as the Lyrics Sources make changes. It seems to work as expected in MediaMonkey 5.0.2 beta: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639
Using 2508 with additional lyric addon.
[Verse 1: Action Bronson]
Exhale the fucking essence, absorb me
Peace to Lonnie Londell
<a href="/2712738/Action-bronson-suede/Everything-is-mar-vel" class="ReferentFragment__ClickTarget-oqvzi6-0 evuxZm
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Not_tech_savy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:51 pm Using 2508 with additional lyric addon.
Peace to Lonnie Londell
<a href="/2712738/Action-bronson-suede/Everything-is-mar-vel" class="ReferentFragment__ClickTarget-oqvzi6-0 evuxZm
Didn't understand whether that post indicates success, or a problem. :)

I have the latest MM5, without Lyrics add-on.

It found the lyrics to Hello Goodbye OK, although it had to try a few places before it had success.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:54 pm
Not_tech_savy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:51 pm Using 2508 with additional lyric addon.
Peace to Lonnie Londell
Didn't understand whether that post indicates success, or a problem. :)

I have the latest MM5, without Lyrics add-on.

It found the lyrics to Hello Goodbye OK, although it had to try a few places before it had success.
Unless it's showing you lyrics, and I just see the runic language of the gods, failure...
however I deleted said addon and it stopped doing website/ code thing. And is adding many more lyrics

Also can confirm that beatles song does show lyrics :)
(If I'm confirming a problem should I recreate exaxt variables or does offering other sources that cause same problem help more?)
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Not_tech_savy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:48 am (If I'm confirming a problem should I recreate exaxt variables or does offering other sources that cause same problem help more?)
Better information should lead to better results.

Probably there will always be tracks for which lyrics are unavailable on whatever community driven data sources are available.

Not much that can be done about that, other than to develop a taste for more mainstream music :wink:
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 am Better information should lead to better results.

Probably there will always be tracks for which lyrics are unavailable on whatever community driven data sources are available.

Not much that can be done about that, other than to develop a taste for more mainstream music :wink:
(Gasp) Barry!, Action Bronson is as mainstream as it gets. He even has a cooking show on vice called "Fuck, that's Delicious "

Also I see that you're not an admin, so would you be an S tier user? You seem very knowledgeable I do appreciate you answering in depth, my what are probably common knowledge questions. (Lowlander too)
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Not_tech_savy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:42 pm Also I see that you're not an admin, so would you be an S tier user? You seem very knowledgeable I do appreciate you answering in depth, my what are probably common knowledge questions. (Lowlander too)
Thanks, appreciated.
No special powers.

BTW there's a difference between LowLander and me.

LowLander knows more than me, and he carries all the load across the all the forums. I guess that he is charged with making sure that no query remains answered.

I am just a volunteer who dabbles here and there, and have the luxury of spending more time on anything that sparks my interest, ... or when I see some deranged Elvish speaking person stumbling out of dark corner.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Hi Fizzjob

i tried your addon, please check the following, maybe it's just some handling error on my side:

i installed your addon, select only "genius" as lyrics source (to get sure it gets from there, i like the formatting from genius), get some lyrics track by track.

on some tracks, i get only a part of the lyrics: if i compare the songtext directly on genius.com, i see these songtext split up; one part of the text, then some kind of embedded video on the page, then the second part of the songtext. i get just the first part in the tag, the part after the video is missing.

am i doing something wrong?
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
mnaoumov

Lyrics Lookup is not working for songs with Non-English metadata

Post by mnaoumov »

Lyrics Lookup is not working for songs with Non-English metadata

For instance, the following song clearly exists in Genius database
https://genius.com/The-king-and-the-jes ... age-lyrics

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HeTTs3 ... sp=sharing

But MediaMonkey cannot find in all sources including Genius.

This happens to all my Russian songs which I have to add lyrics manually.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Lyrics Lookup is not working for songs with Non-English metadata

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Tried your file with MMW4 and got an error using the standard lyrics lookup.

However, using Lyricator the lyrics were added and started as follows:

Паника в селе - дед взбесился
Вилами колет всех, кого видит
Шум, гам, лают собаки
Бегают люди, хлопают ставни
Бабы визжат

Беда! Паника в селе!
С ума, хе, спятил дед!
В одних он трусах
И ужас в его глазах!
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics Lookup is not working for songs with Non-English metadata

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying you're using the Addon for Genious: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ce-genius/