Codec pack addon upgrade

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

osakan

Codec pack addon upgrade

Post by osakan »

I purchased the codec pack for my lifetime licensed MM4 with the understanding that it would work with all future versions of MM. But now you're telling me I have to buy it again?

Update: They have sent me the download link to the paid version, telling me to use it if I feel being charged for the upgrade is "unfair." I will use it, but it's not because the practice of charging for a newer version of the same addon "unfair," but rather the ambiguous wording explaining the addon when I purchased it. If your addon may not be supported in future versions of a software developed by your own company, say it so. I might not have purchased it in the first place had that been mentioned clearly.
Last edited by osakan on Sun May 09, 2021 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtsig

Re: Codec pack addon upgrade

Post by dtsig »

Your MM lifetime is good for life .. all upgrades etc. But i am not sure that the Codec is a lifetime license. Of course I could be wrong
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rusty

Re: Codec pack addon upgrade

Post by rusty »

To be clear: the codec pack is a separate product from MediaMonkey Gold. It can be purchased/used on its own (without MediaMonkey Gold) OR with a Gold license. I'll try to make sure that the marketing text is similarly unambiguous.

Thanks!

-Rusty