unknown album data entry

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

d4e666

unknown album data entry

Post by d4e666 »

When I have an album that is not known to mediabrainz or any other source, I have to first rip it as "unknown album" and then later I can change all data. Would ik be possible that for every album (both known and unknown) the editor shows up so before ripping a user can already correct the missing/wrong info. I now often need this when ripping both "unknown" albums but also for albums that span multiple discs (I like to keep discs in a separate subfolder) and now I can only correct that AFTER the rip completed and this costs me extra bandwith (I rip directly to OneDrive since my NAS died a few weeks ago)

this would also help when multiple results are returned but none match the result you want (most come close but sometimes its a mix of mulitple)
MiPi

Re: unknown album data entry

Post by MiPi »

You can insert CD - open node with this CD in MediaMonkey and edit metadata of all tracks in advance. And after editing rip them with these metadata. Or am I missing something?
d4e666

Post by d4e666 »

I wonder why I have to make all of these steps. When I rip it, it can still store it in the "known CD" basket and when ripping dozens of them, this becomes tedious for no reason. and the purpose remains the same: not having to do it twice.
d4e666

Post by d4e666 »

another issue I have is the other way round: my CD gets recognized as exisiting, yet it is nog the correct one and there is no way for me to change it to "new unknown album".

it would also be great to know if the entries I make myself are uploaded to the musicbrainz servers so others don't have to worry about it anymore. Those few 100kb should not matter anymore.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, changes you make are not send to MusicBrainz.

And yes, like mentioned above prior to rip you can change tags: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/5.0