MMW Stops, hangs mid-sync on iPhone XR [#18064]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ssawyer

MMW Stops, hangs mid-sync on iPhone XR [#18064]

Post by ssawyer »

MMW version 5.0.1.2431
iTunes Desktop version 12.11.3.17
iOS version 14.7.1
Sync Method: Manual...Select Playlist=>Send To=>iPhone
Prep: All song files are deleted from the iPhone before starting. All files have had their volumes analyzed in MMW
Local (MMW) storage format: FLAC
Target (iOS) storage format: MP3
  • The synchronization merrily starts, counting off "Copying to iPhone (414/7986 <track name>)"
  • After a while, the display changes to "Copying to iPhone (Converting: <track title>)"
  • At this point MMW is hung. I can cancel the sync, but I can't close MMW. If I'm impatient, I can go into Task Manager and "End Task". If I'm patient, I can let it sit for a few minutes and right-click on the MMW icon in the task bar, and select "Close window" which elicits a "background processes" warning, then will close.
  • The process seems to stop somewhere short of 3,000 of the 8,000 tracks I'm trying to sync.
  • Any tracks successfully synced play ok.
Any suggestions/solutions are appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: MMW Stops, hangs mid-sync on iPhone XR

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will allow a developer to analyze why it failed in your setup.
ssawyer

Post by ssawyer »

Thanks. Done.

Ticket #2292
JensFF

Post by JensFF »

I have the same problem with iPhone 11. Same versions installed as OP.
I can also cancel the sync. After some time I can restart the sync. It always starts with removing 1 file, then continues to sync. It runs in the same problem.
ssawyer

Post by ssawyer »

@JensFF - I gave that a try. I see that if I cancel, and then immediately try to re-start the sync, nothing happens. If I let it just sit a while, and I can start over. However, it just starts at the beginning of the playlist. I got the impression that what you're seeing is a resumption of the sync process where it left off - is that what you're seeing?

I'm guessing from this that if I cancel the sync, and just let MMW just sit there for a while, it will allow me to shut it down. I note that in Task Manager it doesn't show the application as "not responding", so maybe I'm just being my usual impatient self. Thus it's not actually locking up/freezing MMW; it just may be taking an inordinate amount of time to terminate the process.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks to the log from ticket # 2292 I now see where the problem lies, will be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18064

Thanks for reporting!
Ludek

Re: MMW Stops, hangs mid-sync on iPhone XR [#18064]

Post by Ludek »

Hi again, can you please confirm that the issue is fixed using this build 5.0.1.2432 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/50584bzxzfuh1 ... g.exe?dl=0

Thanks!
raiden63

Re: MMW Stops, hangs mid-sync on iPhone XR [#18064]

Post by raiden63 »

I had a similar issue, except the target was a local storage folder instead of a mobile device. After ~50 or so files being converted the sync process would just hang indefinitely. (Stable build 5.0.1.2433)

I was going to submit a topic on my specific case, but I can confirm that the MMW beta build 5.0.2.2510 fixed the issue for me :) Syncing 4000 files and counting as I type this!

Thanks for being so awesome, dev team! 💖