MMW5 Convert vs MMW4 Convert - Shorter Lyrics

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

MMW5 Convert vs MMW4 Convert - Shorter Lyrics

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

OK so I created a new collection called 21st Century - basically all my music / classical music with a date after the year 2000.

I did this in both MMW4 and MMW5 after "Folder Matching" the music libraries. All good so far as both collections yielded the same number of files 21795 out of 33k.

After viewing All Tracks and Selecting All, I drilled down thru as follows - Right Click / Send To / Folder (Rip / Convert) and pointed to a separate folder for each - E:\Media Monkey 4 Backup\MusicSync vs E:\Media Monkey 5 Backup\MusicSync.

The conversion was set to E:\Media Monkey X Backup\MusicSync\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc #><Track #>-<Title>; the format to MP3 and the Preset:Standard (fast): VBR ~192 kbps - Very High Quality used. I selected Convert File(s) to new destination but did not select Add to Library or Level Track Volume.

As a general rule the MMW5 "conversions" are slightly smaller MP3 files but on closer examination it is looking like the embedded lyrics in the MMW5 conversions are truncated compared to the MMW4 conversions. I am wondering if someone could double check this! Some files (I guess those with shorter / no lyrics) are the same file size whether MMW4 or MMW5 used.

Hope this is interesting! Not certain whether this is a "choice / feature" or a "bug".
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: MMW5 Convert vs MMW4 Convert - Shorter Lyrics

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying you're missing part of the Lyrics on some converted files?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Lowlander,

Yes.

It appears the lyrics are truncated from MMW5 during conversion.

Both 4 and 5 seem to incorrectly put the Date into the recording time tag.

However, MMW5 does get the User text (Txxx:date) correct.

I would value a second opinion as not quite my area of expertise!

My Refs:
\Media Monkey 4 Backup\MusicSync\Creedence Clearwater Revival\6 CD Box Set\202-I Put a Spell On You.mp3
\Media Monkey 5 Backup\MusicSync\Creedence Clearwater Revival\6 CD Box Set\202-I Put a Spell On You.mp3
\Music\Creedence Clearwater Revival\6 CD Box Set\I Put a Spell On You.mp3
Ian Taylor
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you share those three files with us for analyze?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Peke,

No problem. Will send a private message with link to my:

\OneDrive\TempSharedScreenShots

Under this you will find the source files / MMW4 Conversion and MMW5 Conversion.

Included the whole album as "I Put A Spell On You" was just one example.
Ian Taylor