Access Violation Exception

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

CanisLegis

Access Violation Exception

Post by CanisLegis »

Having downloaded the latest beta version earlier this week, MM5 has been throwing the exception illustrated in the following screensnip: Access Violation Exception: Image . The exception may occur at any time, from shortly after starting MM up; There does not appear to be any pattern to the time of occurrence. Correction: If I close the program and restart it, it almost invariably throws the exception almost immediately.
Prior to the official release of MM5, I had been running the beta and RRCs alongside MM4. Once MM5 became "official", I uninstalled MM4. Once I started using (testing) the new betas, I merely installed each new version over the existing one.
My machine's specs and Windows version are:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 8,00 GB (7,89 GB usable)
Device ID E4CFF74B-EF60-444F-8BC0-54BE779E6F71
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA270
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro Dev build 21390.1

The Insider Dev builds are installed weekly.
Lowlander

Re: Access Violation Exception

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) on build 2407 and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 This will allow a developer to analyze why this happens for you.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Do you have enabled to generate Thumbnails for video files (eg. Tools -> Options -> Library) ?

If Yes, please disable it for the testing as it looks like MM crashes while trying to access and decode one of the video files (last checked/accessed file should be seen in status bar).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CanisLegis

Post by CanisLegis »

Thank you for the advice. Would I be right in assuming that I should also delete all existing thumbnails? To the best of my memory, disabling them applies to future images and does not automatically delete existing ones.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For start you do not need to delete existing thumbs, but if still crashes you can try. It is veru possible that you will find first file that missing thumbs will be the one creating issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts