[REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826 #17560 #18019]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

FJvH

[REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826 #17560 #18019]

Post by FJvH »

Dear MM Team,

Recently installed MM5, and it looks great.
However there are 2 things that at the moment hold me back to fully switch from MM4:

1. I would like to see the Player either in the bottom or top panel.Currently it can only be placed left or right.

2. I read that the toolbar is no longer configurable. However the ability of adding actions like in MM4 was highly useful.

Apologies if these were already mentioned in earlier posts.

Thanks and b.Best regards.
drakinite

Re: [REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar

Post by drakinite »

1. Do you mean the Playing panel? The Player can be placed in the bottom, main, or top panel.

2. Good point; Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17826
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
FJvH

Re: [REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826]

Post by FJvH »

Sorry, yes I meant the Playing panel.
When it could be placed at the bottom (or top) more fields are directly available for viewing and editing. This is especially handy when loading new items to the library. It would then also enable to close the right panel and thus have a wider main panel.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use the Playing node to have the Playing panel content loaded in the main panel (Filelisting): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... laying/5.0
FJvH

Post by FJvH »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I think this can indeed work if you then open the respective library collection in another tab. For media management purposes it would have been nice to see both in one screen (like in MM 4), but I can see that such a mod would not be high priority.

Thanks again.
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

I had made the suggestion that you could pin different tabs that you use frequently. The idea was found to be good and should be implemented. Unfortunately, nothing has happened to this day.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
rusty

Post by rusty »

1001Musik wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 am I had made the suggestion that you could pin different tabs that you use frequently. The idea was found to be good and should be implemented. Unfortunately, nothing has happened to this day.
Yes--that's tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17560
fe2o3yyc

Toolbars

Post by fe2o3yyc »

I cannot find a way to add toolbars at the top of the interface and to modify them in MM5. I found the ability add, move, and to configure the toolbars valuable in previous versions. For example, having the refresh command visible on a toolbar, adding stop after the current file in the player toolbar, etc. Similarly, the ability to remove unused items was useful for a streamlined interface. Shortcuts can perform some of these tasks but are much less convenient to me.
Ludek

Re: Toolbars

Post by Ludek »

fe2o3yyc wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:36 pm I cannot find a way to add toolbars at the top of the interface and to modify them in MM5. I found the ability add, move, and to configure the toolbars valuable in previous versions. For example, having the refresh command visible on a toolbar, adding stop after the current file in the player toolbar, etc. Similarly, the ability to remove unused items was useful for a streamlined interface. Shortcuts can perform some of these tasks but are much less convenient to me.
This is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17826
SeigneurAo

Re: [REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826 #17560 #18019]

Post by SeigneurAo »

I can only concur on the need to customize toolbars :
- I couldn't care less about having the current path displayed, I'd like to get rid of this
- I had made a specific toolbar containing 3 buttons that I use all the time in order to streamline my library organization : auto-increment track # script / case checker script / analyze volume for tracks

Always sad to see a loss of functionality.
Thanks for your work anyway.
MPG

Post by MPG »

I'd like to add my voice to this request.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
lthanna

Post by lthanna »

Not being able to customise the toolbar in MM5 is making me regret migrating from MM4. The icons (minimise, previous), the breadcrumb and the search box showing entered search text is all useless to me. I would much rather add a number of shortcuts to often used options - AS I COULD ON MM4! Please restore this functionality.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Custom Toolbar is added in 5.0.4. https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d and can be customized under Tools -> Options
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SeigneurAo

Post by SeigneurAo »

Hello.

First of all, many thanks for adding this feature, which I sorely missed from MM4.
I'm currently testing build 2655, and it seems like we still can't add some items to the custom toolbar, specifically from submenus. Those I use on each audio track added to my library : "Auto-increment track number" and "Case check" from the "Tools > Edit tags" submenu.

Thanks in advance for your help !