FR: Playlist - duplicate file(s) detected - Move existing file(s) to current position

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TheBestPessimist

FR: Playlist - duplicate file(s) detected - Move existing file(s) to current position

Post by TheBestPessimist »

I'm using the "playlist on the right side to drag and drop songs" feature. I want my playlists in a specific order.

If I have already added a song to a playlist, when adding it a second time MM tells me that this is a duplicate, asks me "Are you sure you want to add the track(s) to the playlist?" and gives me 3 options:
- Yes [yes, add this track again to the playlist as a duplicate]
- No [no, do not add this track as duplicate]
- Cancel [no, do not add this track as duplicate]

I have a few feature requests here:
1. Remove Cancel: it is the same option as "No"
2. Add a new option "Move the existing tracks in the playlist to this position" - this does not add duplicates, but only changes the order of the tracks. (sorry, naming is hard and I don't have a better name for this button)
3. In the playlist show the location where I am inserting the tracks, as a confirmation. Basically, show the extra whitespace as if the drag-and-drop did not yet finish.

Please see a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mVCMnXF.png
Lowlander

Re: FR: Playlist - duplicate file(s) detected - Move existing file(s) to current position

Post by Lowlander »

Cancel cancels the whole operation of adding files, whereas No doesn't add the duplicates.
rusty

Re: FR: Playlist - duplicate file(s) detected - Move existing file(s) to current position

Post by rusty »

Re. 2/3 tracking at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17819

Thanks for the feedback.

-Rusty