album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag [#17802][#17868]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

lueromat

album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag [#17802][#17868]

Post by lueromat »

I have just given MM5 a try, and it imported my database from MM4. I have all my artwork in tags, and this is working fine in MM4. However, in MM5 not all thumbs are shown for artists or albums, although they are present in tags.

When I select an album, its art appears in the lower right panel (under "selected"). When I double click that album, the thumb for that album in the main panel is generated, but not for the artist thumb.

Any thoughts?
Ludek

Re: album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag

Post by Ludek »

Do you mean the artist image grid (e.g. in the Music > Artist) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk1wrqtejxoqv ... 0.png?dl=0
?

Do you have the Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup > [x] Artist images
checkbox enabled or disabled ?
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

Yes I mean the image grid, but I don't want artist images, but instead album covers, as seen here - works in some cases:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KGM8Wp ... sp=sharing
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I don't believe you have public viewing enabled for that link.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

oops sorry - should work now?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, tried with clean library and with the [ ] Artist images disabled and I see the same.
Not so many artist/albums missing the thumbs, but definetely some of my albums/artists are missing thumbs even when the album tracks have the artwork assigned.

Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17802

EDIT:
Testing build 2401 and I found that for me only the first row of the Music > Artists [Grid] is missing artwork, but restart MM5 solves the issue.
There seems to be an issue that getting thumbs for the first row seems somehow canceled.
But for the other rows I see the thumbs for every artist that have at least one album for which the _first_ track (of the album) has an artwork.
Can you please check whether the first track of the album has the artwork assigned for the artist/albums with missing thumbs?
lueromat

Re: album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag [#17802]

Post by lueromat »

For me all tracks have the album art, which will always be shown in the "Selected" panel on the lower right when I double click on the artist in the grid.

In the detail view, sometimes the stored album art will be shown next to wikipedia text, sometimes the art will be fetched online.

I don't see a clear pattern yet
rusty

Post by rusty »

Please let us know if this is working for you in 2402. Thanks!

-Rusty
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

when will 2402 be released? I am still on 2338, no update prompt yet
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's already available and it's currently 2405:https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d

Do you have include beta builds checked with check updates under Tools > Options > General?
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

I just installed it - it didn't change anything. Anything I could try to reinitiate the cover detection? As I said: the covers are there, and they are being shown in the bottom right as I leftclick on an album.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

I think you have found inconsistency in artist image handling, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17868
Will be fixed in the next release.
rusty

Re: album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag [#17802 #17868]

Post by rusty »

Note that this was fixed in build 2406.

-Rusty
lueromat

Re: album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag [#17802][#17868]

Post by lueromat »

I'm on 5.0.1.2412 now. it didn't change anything, so I reinstalled, wiped the database, and reimported from MW4 - still does not work.

I also noticed that in the tiles now some covers are wrong. i.e., the correct on is shown in the bottom right, the wrong one is shown in the tile.

also, now stuff album cover in tile gets updated when I open the details view, although I deactivated it
lueromat

Re: album art thumbs not generating despite being in tag [#17802][#17868]

Post by lueromat »

do I have to do anything special to make it work? because, otherwise, I don't think this is fixed - sorry...