2338 - D&D error message is unhelpful [#17786]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2338 - D&D error message is unhelpful [#17786]

Post by Barry4679 »

I ripped an album (using a external ripper).
I tried dragging and dropping the album using MM5 ... from a Location sub-node, to a folder in the Media Tree's Folder node.

One track failed. I am presuming that the file name (assigned by the external ripper) was too long or something.

The error message says "An error occurred while moving ... yadda yadda"
Surely you know more than that about the error?
You haven't provided enough info to allow us to see|fix the error
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: 2338 - D&D error message is unhelpful

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Barry,

If you did the similar operation using MMW4 do you get the error (and perhaps a more useful message)?
Ian Taylor
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:32 am If you did the similar operation using MMW4 do you get the error (and perhaps a more useful message)?
I can't test that because I fixed the problem manually when it occurred yesterday.

But I am not sure it is relevant. The error message is unhelpful, ie. does not tell you what the problem is. I would be about 100% certain that the nature of the problem is known to MM5, but the cause has not been surfaced to the user. ... And one hopes that development resources are being directed to 5.01, where many smaller tasks were deferred ... rather than going back and enhancing MM4.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
rusty

Post by rusty »