MMA moves 1st song in a playlist to the bottom

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

The Original G Man

MMA moves 1st song in a playlist to the bottom

Post by The Original G Man »

I'm using MMA and MMW5. I have several playlists set up with the songs in a certain order. When I attempt to sync the playlist, quite often it takes the 1st song on the playlist and drops it all the way to the bottom of the playlist in MMA. It still shows that it is the first song in MMW and no matter how many times I try to sync it, it says "everything is in sync" and does not move it back to the top. I have to manipulate MMA by bumping the song somewhere else on the playlist in MMW before MMA will recognize that the song is in the wrong spot. Here are some screen shots of what I'm talking about.

Ludek

Re: MMA moves 1st song in a playlist to the bottom

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
in MMA > Options there is a checkbox
[x] Update playlists from other apps

Do you have the checkbock checked or unchecked? Try to uncheck it and let us know whether the issue persists.

Thanks!
The Original G Man

It is checked.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Once you unchecked that you need to re sync both affected files and playlists as based on pictures something is not OK under Chicago Artist you have Peter Cetera - Glory of Love (from Karate Kid II soundtrack), which even he was original Member of Chicago, so unless it is deliberately put there is an imposter, based on MM5 images I do not see that song nowhere, and based on MMA image there is no Multi Artists for the song.

Can you please open support ticket so that we can get to bottom of this and see what kind of log you need to create in order to get to this?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
The Original G Man

I synced it, and it bumped the two songs to the bottom again.

The Peter Cetera song is supposed to be there. Not a glitch.
The Original G Man

Spot checking other playlists and noticing the first song missing or out of place on most of them where I have selected the order of songs.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi G Man,

We're unable to replicate this issue. I'm not sure whether you're saying that the problem persists even after you disabled the MMA setting to:
[ ] Update playlists from other apps

To clarify re. what we think has happened:
1 When you intially synced these playlists, MMA had them in the correct order
2 You have other music apps on your phone and they may have somehow updated the order of the playlists incorrectly
3 Because [x] Update playlists from other apps was enabled, the playlists became updated in MMA
4 Because the timestamp of the playlist update is recent, the next time you synced with MM5, the incorrectly ordered MMA playlists didn't update (or depending on your settings, may have synced to MMW5).

I would suggest the following:
1) Disable the '[ ] Update playlists from other apps' setting
2) Delete the playlists in MMA (no need to delete the content)
3) Verify that your playlists in MMW5 are correctly ordered
4) Re-initiate a Wi-Fi sync (it'll be fast since just the playlists and not the content need to sync)

If the issue still persists, can you clarify the steps to replicate the problem and provide us with the debug logs as described in steps 4b and 4c at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 ?

Thanks!

-Rusty
The Original G Man

Rusty:

To clarify, the problem did persist after I disabled the "update playlists from other apps" setting and I do not use other music apps other than Media Monkey.

I've gone ahead and done as you've suggested and the reinstalled playlists appear to have the correct song order, so hopefully that's taken care of it. I'll let you know if the problem reappears.

Thanks for your help to you and the rest of the team.