Whats the worst that can happen?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

robojock

Whats the worst that can happen?

Post by robojock »

Hi,

With using mm5 on a regular basis, I experience a lot of hanging and crashing where I have to either end mm5 task or send some kind of debug log and then ending task. My concern is what is the worst that can happen? Database gets damaged? Files get corrupted? I really want to get used to using mm5 but the constant crashing/hanging is putting me off from using it and making me worried that i might damage something.
Lowlander

Re: Whats the worst that can happen?

Post by Lowlander »

For the database use the build in backup: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... y_Database to have it backed up frequently.

Files could be damaged, but this is not likely. It may affect files being worked on when a crash occurs, but I've not seen this happening for myself.

Make sure you keep up-to-date with the latest build and capture any crashes in debug logs (step 4b): viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 to be attached to a Support Ticket.

For me MediaMonkey 5 runs really stable. Have you tried to rebuild the database?
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Lowlander,

I stay up to date with the builds and am running debug build to help the developers with any bugs. Is it safe to rebuild database on ssd drive?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have a copy of the database before you do this. That way you can go back to the old copy if it didn't work out. However yes it should be no problem and the storage medium doesn't matter.