Crash in 2330 when trying to "find more from same"

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

outlandis

Crash in 2330 when trying to "find more from same"

Post by outlandis »

Been playing with the RC 2330 and found an ugly bug which I can reproduce every time by selecting a track and simply right clicking "Find more from the same."
I get a message box and I cannot exit the program without using task manager to end task. I use the find more from same playlist all the time so it's big to me, not sure if anyone else really uses that feature.
I downgraded to 2326 and the problem disappears.
The error I get is entitled -Application thrown an execption "cancel.Task.then is not a function"-
I have a screenshot of the dialog box if more info is needed.
rusty

Re: Crash in 2330 when trying to "find more from same"

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate this. Would you mind sending us a debug log? This involves installing the debug version of MediaMonkey and using a logging app to collect a log of what MM is doing as you replicate the bug. See instructions at step 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

That'll give us the information needed to figure out why this is happening. Thanks!

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

I'm unable to reproduce. Is the tag you're trying to find more from (like Artist) enabled as a node in the Media Tree?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I am also unable to replicate ( Find more from same > Playlist )
I also don't see a crash report from you (build 2330), was the crash report generated and submitted?
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Sorry for the delay. the best I can do at this point is give you a screenshot of the full error message I get. I am not able to access my main machine as I am traveling for a little bit.

this is a link to the shared image of the error box I get and has been edited so to allow posting.

https://ufile.io/etfd84r0

hope this helps at least a little bit
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
based on the error it seems that for some reason your actions.js file is outdated (from a build pre 2330)

The current code in actions.js (build 2330) is

Code: Select all

var list = app.playlists.getPlaylistsForTrackAsync(track); // line 8371
cancelTask = list.whenLoaded();
but on your screenshot I see the old code (pre build 2330):

Code: Select all

cancelTask  = app.playlists.getPlaylistsForTrackAsync(track);  // line 8188
Not sure why this script has not been updated during install, I think re-installing 2330 should resolve the issue, can you confirm?

Another possibility could be that you are using a third party addon that modifies/utilizes actions.js ?