DLNA play from NAS drive keeps stopping

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

darrens1979

DLNA play from NAS drive keeps stopping

Post by darrens1979 »

Hi,

I've had a look through and dont think this issue has been reported, apologies if it has.

I use MM to stream from my Synology DS220+ (2 x 4TB drives in RAID 0) to a Yamaha Musiccast receiver over DLNA/UPnP and about once per hour the song will stop, the time bar at the bottom jumps forwards and back by 1 second and it get's stuck in this loop. If I skip the track it happily goes to the next track and starts working again for another hour or so.

MM5 is running on my Dell Latitude laptop (i5-7300, 2.6Ghz, 64-bit, 8GB RAM)

I'm using MM5 version 5.0.0.2330 but I've had the issue with every version I've used of MM5 which goes back to about January 2021 (I think).

I have taken a video of the fault happening but not sure how to share it. Tried a onedrive link but the forum didn't like that.

I've never had this particular issue with MM4 on the same set up, I dont have any other DLNA/UPnP issues with the MusicCast system and if I use the MusicCast app to play from my NAS it's fine.

The issue is unpredictable. It seems to happen randomly about every hour or so. I cant find any pattern to it.

Otherwise, I'm loving MM5 massive improvement over MM4 which I was a huge fan of.

Kind Regards

Darren
darrens1979

Re: DLNA play from NAS drive keeps stopping

Post by darrens1979 »

Additional,

The last few times it's happened since I posted this I've tried skipping back rather than forward which causes it to freeze then double clicking on the song in the playlist makes it try again followed by running through entire playlist failing to play each track.

Only solution from here is a restart of MM5

skipping to next track still works to get it moving again with least pain. at this point, once it's playing again I can skip back to the song that paused.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you streaming from the DLNA Server on the NAS or accessing it via the File System on the NAS then streaming on to the client? If the former, does local playback in MM5 also suffer from playback interruptions?

Capturing this in a debug log (step 4b) and attaching that to a Support Ticket along with a link to the screencast is likely the most helpful in finding the cause of this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
darrens1979

Post by darrens1979 »

accessing it from the file system on the NAS which is mapped as a drive on the laptop for media monkey to do its thing with.

I have also just had another thought, shortly after the last update I had a complete failure of playback that co-incided with all my wireless devices losing their internet connection a reset on the router sorted that so I wonder if it's related to the talk talk router.

I'll try to run MM5 from the laptop wired into my network rather than wirelessly and see if it helps and if it doesnt I'll run the debugging version and send the report over. Thanks for the help. Either way I'll let you know how it plays out.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I see crashlogs from you coming here ( 41EE8A57 )
Based on the crashlog it was AV in UPnP.dll while casting file
X:\Lossless Collection\Can't Swim\This Too Won't Pass\6 - Can't Swim - Malicious 444.flac
to your 'Kitchen' DLNA device. But similar log came when you casted another file to your 'Living room' device.

Could you please verify:
1) whether the crash is repeatable with the same file above? But I guess it is rather random/timing issue?
2) temporarily replace your UPnP.dll (in MM install folder) by this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/of85sv78qhiagn3/UPnP.dll?dl=0 and try to replicate the crash and submit new log -- it should give me better info next time

Thanks!