Volume suddenly 100% when next track is played [#17705]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MusicFanPeter

Re: Volume suddenly 100% when next track is played [#17705]

Post by MusicFanPeter »

Thanks for the effort.
I really appreciate this and it encourages me to actively report bugs and wishes.
Dichisit

Re: Volume suddenly 100% when next track is played

Post by Dichisit »

rusty wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:05 pm Thanks! We tested this internally with a dragonfly, but haven't been able to replicate this yet.

Does the issue occur with all 'hi-res' tracks or only those with specific characteristics? Can you share one with us?
If you play the same set of tracks with another player via WASAPI drivers, do you observe a similar issue?

Lastly, do you also observe this issue with MediaMonkey 4 (just wondering if it's a regression or a long-standing bug)?

Thanks!

-Rusty
I would like to add the following similar issues with WASAPI output on MM5 (MM4 works fine). Windows 10, AudioQuest DragonFly, FLAC files.

WASAPI  <Exclusive Mode Off> / < Smooth Stop Off> :
1)Sometimes playback will stop when <Next File> is pressed (Play Shuffled On)

WASAPI <Exclusive Mode On> / <Automatic choice of format per track> / Playing list contains files of various sampling rates (e.g. 44100 and 96000) :
1) Pressing <Stop> and <Play> will result in volume being set to max
2) When the <Next File> sampling rate doesn't match the one currently playing, the volume is set to max when next file starts playing (Play Shuffled On)

WASAPI <Exclusive Mode On> / <Use format of original track> / Playing list contains files of various sampling rates (e.g. 44100 and 96000) :

1) All the above issues +
2) When the <Next File> sampling rate is lower than currently playing one [e.g. from 96000 to 44100] you get loud hiss and crackling in playback when the next file starts playing (Play Shuffled On)
Peke

Re: Volume suddenly 100% when next track is played [#17705]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I was testing this Using BT, WiFi, MB integrated, External, USB Headphones for past few days and could not replicate issue.

No matter of playback device MM retains Set Volume on device change eg. BT headphones (38%) <-> USB Headphones (50%)

Can you replicate behavior?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts