Syncing behavior - Having a playlist open on client with filter prompts phone to delete tracks

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Goldman60

Syncing behavior - Having a playlist open on client with filter prompts phone to delete tracks

Post by Goldman60 »

I have a playlist open on my MM5 desktop instance (in my case specifically the duplcate title/artist auto playlist) and apply a filter that excludes songs (for instance Artist does not contain AC/DC). No applied changes or anything, just the filter.

I then go to my Android phone running MediaMonkey 1.4.3.0949 pro which is configured to sync my entire music library and delete unselected content copies and delete all unselected content. I hit sync and it will prompt me to delete the AC/DC songs that are filtered on my desktop client.

If I clear the filter on the desktop client syncing is normal.

I wouldn't expect a completely temporary playlist filter on the desktop client to have any affect on what my phone syncs, especially since the filter isn't permanent its just a convenience thing, is this a bug or is it intended behavior?
Lowlander

Re: Syncing behavior - Having a playlist open on client with filter prompts phone to delete tracks

Post by Lowlander »

I assume it's due to caching in the database of the Playlist.
Goldman60

Re: Syncing behavior - Having a playlist open on client with filter prompts phone to delete tracks

Post by Goldman60 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:37 pm I assume it's due to caching in the database of the Playlist.
Odd that the caching of a Playlist affects the rest of the music database to that extent, I'd consider that a bug
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've passed it along, will see if this is what's happening in the first place.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you referring to the Files to Edit > Duplicate Titles/Artist node instead of a Playlist?

Which build of MM5 and I assume you're doing a wifi Sync?