Mass edits: Syncronizing Song Attributes (Date/Artist) [#17693]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

stoffel65

Mass edits: Syncronizing Song Attributes (Date/Artist) [#17693]

Post by stoffel65 »

Testing newest version 2326.
- Select two songs from same album Song 1 : Date = <empty>, Song 2 : Date = "2002"
- Goto "Properties"
- The Date field is set to "2002", although the two songs have different Date value
- I have to overwrite the Date field with the same value "2002" to set both songs to 2002 explicitly

I would expect that in this case the Date field of the "Property"-Dialog is <empty> showing me that Date values differ ("2002" != <empty>), this is the case if both Dates are filled with different values say ("2002 != "2003"). So why is the <empty> value handled in a different way. Seems not logical to me.

The same case with other attribute fields, too!
rusty

Re: Syncronizing Song Attributes (Date/Artist)

Post by rusty »

The logic is that if you see that one or more of the entries is empty in a set of tracks, you can just select the checkbox is the Properties (mass edit) dialog to apply the value to all the other tracks.

This is the same approach as was used for MM4, but I agree with your point that MM5 could do better, perhaps by using the same approach as in the auto-tagging dialog e.g.
- continue with the current approach for empty fields
- in the case of conflicting values, let the user use the dropdown to select from among the list of values that are used (or use a brand new one)
- highlight fields when all values aren't equal

-Rusty
Lowlander

Re: Mass edits: Syncronizing Song Attributes (Date/Artist)

Post by Lowlander »

The fact that it works like this is really helpful. I use this often to attach the same values to files, filling in the blanks (often when re-ripping some files that weren't ripped correctly before).
rusty

Re: Mass edits: Syncronizing Song Attributes (Date/Artist)

Post by rusty »