[SOLVED] Cannot make Sync work at all

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

OzzyB

[SOLVED] Cannot make Sync work at all

Post by OzzyB »

Trying to use the Sync facility from a Samsung Android. Works fine with MM4 but MM5 always get connection failed on the phone. Never see any notification that anything tried to connect on PC version.

Have created same rules in firewall as I did for MM4 but nothing seems to work.

Gold facilities are included until release aren't they ? I only have MM4 gold licence.
Lowlander

Re: Cannot make Sync work at all

Post by Lowlander »

Gold features are only available for License holders in the last couple releases of MediaMonkey 5.

Can you access the MediaMonkey Server from UPnP in MMA: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... rk-at-all/

Which build of MMA and MMW are you using?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Did you import MM4 settings & database when installing MM5 (in which case also the media server instance and port would be imported) or you started with fresh install of MM5 and clean database (in which case you would need to set up new sync server in MMA) ?

Anyhow yes, trying to access the server via MMA > UPnP node should work (until the server port is blocked by your firewall)
OzzyB

Post by OzzyB »

Hi

Seem to have 2 conflicting answers below but answers to questions are :

Using MM5 5.0.0.2299 in portable mode MMA is 1.4.3.0947.

Tried UPnP and it fouund the server - got the challenge on the server to grant access then could list tracks in my library but it wouldn't play them. I get "Server inacessible, Searching".

Now sync gives a different message - I guess because access has been granted. I get "mediamonkey sync server is not avaialable. Try reconnecting to a different sync server". If I look in clients I can see 2 different MAC addresses and 2 different IP addresses have gained access. My phone MAC address in WIFI preferences says MAC is randomized (which is default)

I didn't import anything.

Not sure it's a firewall issue as I wouldn't see anything.

As I said MM4 works fine...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You should first start with updating to 5.0.0.2316 from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d and also make sure that ports from MM4 and MM5 Are not same, which will conflict and MMA will not be able to connect. Also when you find server use LONG tap to save Server settings in MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

To clarify if you accepted importing settings from MM4 then everything should be the same (UDN of the MMW server and port) so MM5 should sync fine unless you run both MM4 and MM5 at once (in that case the two MMW instances would be in conflict).
. My phone MAC address in WIFI preferences says MAC is randomized (which is default)
I guess this could be an issue (especially for UPnP access) where MM4/MM5 grants access per MAC address.
But in case of WiFI sync it grants access per device profile ID (which should be imported from MM4 -- in case you accepted the import)
Not sure it's a firewall issue as I wouldn't see anything.
You can see the details in Options > Media Sharing and double-click the server to see its port and access details: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmz42ltojdfzk ... 6.png?dl=0
If you don't see the MMA's connection there then change the MM5 server's port to the MM4 server's port (just in case your firewall blocks the MM5 port)
I dind't import anything
OK, in that case your MM5 library is clean and you need to set up new sync server instance in MMA and also grant access on the MM5 side
OzzyB

Post by OzzyB »

Guys - update to 5.0.0.2316 seems to have sorted my issues.

At least managed to use uPnP, attach to MM5 server and sync. Seemed to have to grant access a number of times though...