The program stops responding [#17570]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

hhoff

The program stops responding [#17570]

Post by hhoff »

5.0.0.2310 Debug build
As soon as you want to change something or click something, MM freezes. The program stops responding.
MM has shown this behavior since version MediaMonkey (possibly) 5.0.0.2281.
Lowlander

Re: The program stops responding.

Post by Lowlander »

We're not able to replicate this. Can you capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket? See: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thx for info, but that that TXT do not contain actual saved Debug log from DBGView as described at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643, but part of .EL file you also sent.

Can you please try to do another LOG file and make sure that it is the one saved from DBGView?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, the log that you generated was generated using menu Help > Debug > Send logs and does include also part of DbgView (last 20 seconds), but from your description it is unclear what is the issue and what has frozen for you? It was not the UI thread (otherwise you couldn't even get to menu Help > Debug).
As soon as you want to change something or click something, MM freezes. The program stops responding.
What exactly do you clicked? If the program stops responding then usually the log should be auto-generated, was this the case for you and did you submit a freeze/crash log? Which log id? Was the MM window dimmed? It could indicate that a dialog/menu is behind the MM window and the dimmed window looks like frozen?
The default freeze timeout is 30 seconds after which the crash/freeze log is auto-generated (you can temporarily lower it in menu Help > Debug > Change freeze timeout)

i.e. once the program stops responding wait 30 seconds for the freeze/crash log generated (it looks exacly like the log that you generated manually via Help > Debug)
and either attach it or submit it and write the log ID here.

Thanks!
hhoff

Post by hhoff »

At the moment the error no longer occurs. Whatever the reason ... If he appears again, I'll get in touch.
hhoff

Post by hhoff »

MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2326 test build

Unfortunately MM5 (Debug Version) continues to freeze while clicking something with the mouse. For example: the pause button or when a new tab is opened. MM5 does not generate an error log.
Here is a LOG file from DebugView.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sbt8z0d1ewp8q9v/MM_frozen.LOG/file
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, analyzing the log and see:

1) at the end of log I see that render process (MediaMonkeyEngine.exe) was suddenly terminated while playing, but it seems that it was not initiated manually by you? i.e. you did not click the close button to close MM window, right?

2) At which part of the debug log the freeze happened?

3) Was the freeze actually UI freeze (that hovering a mouse and clicking does nothing) or it was a freeze e.g. to playback task, i.e that clicking the pause button did not stop playback, but you could still interact with the UI ?

4) If it is UI freeze then how long the freeze is (if it is less than 30 seconds then you could lower the freeze timeout in menu Help > Debug > change freeze timeout) and then the crash log should be automatically generated to submit? If yes, try to submit it and paste the log ID here.

5) Is this problem new or rather random and not related to recent build?

6) If nothing from above helps then a screencast video with DbgView running below the MM window could shed some light on this to help us to isolated/replicate the issue.

Thanks for feedback!
hhoff

Post by hhoff »

Hi Ludek!

1) I closed the MM manually [Ctrl+Alt+Del] because MM was permanently frozen

2) The error occurred with the following action:
Pressing the pause button
Press the play button
MM freezes
Playback (Player) continues
I think in the log these maybe are the positions:
00004380 104.80356598 [7272] MM5 [6828](R) Player - new state: pause
00004468 184.56701660 [7272] MM5 [6828](R) Player - new state: unpause
After about 30-40 seconds, MM is apparently again
MM freezes again with every further mouse click

3) Windows showed the blue spinning circle for 30-40 seconds, the user interface was grayed out.
The same procedure with the next click.

4) I have now changed the freeze timeout to 10 seconds. So far, however, the error has not occurred again.

5+6) The problem does not occur regularly, but has been with me for several builds.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

hhoff wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:12 am 3) Windows showed the blue spinning circle for 30-40 seconds, the user interface was grayed out.
The same procedure with the next click.
The grayed out interface means that the main window is dimmed -- which occurs when another modal dialog is opened.
My suspicious is that the modal dialog was opened behind the main window, i.e. it sounds like issue https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17570
that is fixed in 2327

So please re-test in 2327+ (once is available)

Thanks!
hhoff

Post by hhoff »

Hi, here is still a bug report from Mediamonkey:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9wkf7ulo ... ey.el/file
I hope it helps you...
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, could you please test 2330 to see whether the issues are fixed for you?
hhoff

Post by hhoff »

The version 5.0.0.2336 also continues to freeze

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0yznjrkqcvrjr3x/MM_Frozen_2021-04-28.pdf/file

I have sent the log file via Internet ... [Send log]
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, based on the error shown in your PDF you have outdated code in action.js for some reason.

Please re-install (the newest build is 2338) to a new folder (or be sure that the old actions.js file isn't somehow locked) and it should work fine.
hhoff

Post by hhoff »

Hi Ludek,
I think the problem is fixed. thanks !