Update Times for Playlists [#17486]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo

Update Times for Playlists [#17486]

Post by DMLCo »

Updates to playlists don't appear for quite some time. Here is what I am seeing:

* Auto Playlists with a random order don't refresh in a new order. In MM4, just clicking on another playlist, then back on the first would generate a new order, as would hitting F5. Neither works in MM5 for me: the order of the playlist remains unchanged in either case.

* After adding tracks to a manual playlist (say through right-click, send to), the new tracks don't appear in that playlist, or in other playlists dependent on that playlist for quite some time (at times until a total restart of MM5).

Unsure if this is known behavior, feature, or bug ...
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Ludek

Re: Update Times for Playlists

Post by Ludek »

DMLCo wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 am * Auto Playlists with a random order don't refresh in a new order. In MM4, just clicking on another playlist, then back on the first would generate a new order, as would hitting F5. Neither works in MM5 for me: the order of the playlist remains unchanged in either case.
You need to select the auto-refresh variant: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhrqpksdmbhdj ... 6.png?dl=0
in order to work like in MM4

* After adding tracks to a manual playlist (say through right-click, send to), the new tracks don't appear in that playlist, or in other playlists dependent on that playlist for quite some time (at times until a total restart of MM5).
I cannot replicate, for me right-clicking a track > Send to > Ludek's playlist immediatelly opened the 'Ludek's playlist' panel with the track being added:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70fne35hjqlfw ... 4.png?dl=0
How exactly you tested?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which build of MMW5 are you on?
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:15 am
DMLCo wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 am * Auto Playlists with a random order don't refresh in a new order. In MM4, just clicking on another playlist, then back on the first would generate a new order, as would hitting F5. Neither works in MM5 for me: the order of the playlist remains unchanged in either case.
You need to select the auto-refresh variant: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhrqpksdmbhdj ... 6.png?dl=0
in order to work like in MM4
Yeah, it's not working: order of tracks is x, y, z. Playlist is set to SELECTED BY Random track (auto-refresh) and SORT BY Random.

These are playlists imported from MM4 if that matters.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:22 am Which build of MMW5 are you on?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

DMLCo wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:33 am Yeah, it's not working: order of tracks is x, y, z. Playlist is set to SELECTED BY Random track (auto-refresh) and SORT BY Random.
Seeing that this has been discussed/implemented in course of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14553
and from the last note:
Some testing notes (of how it is supposed to work):
Sort by: 'Random' works similarly like Selected by: 'Random track'
i.e. the random sort is re-generated only once the settings for "Selected by" and "Sort by" is manually changed by user in some way.
While the "(auto-refresh)" variants in the "Selected by" dropdown behaves like in MM4, i.e. it is always regenerating content.

Testing it and it really seems to work this way for me, but maybe you are not using the limiting at all?
i.e. setting like [x] Limit to: [999999] files Selected by [Random track (auto-refresh)]
without specifying the 'Sort by' works for me to generate different content everytime I press F5

I would suggest to upgrade to 5.0.0.2302
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 pm Testing it and it really seems to work this way for me, but maybe you are not using the limiting at all?
i.e. setting like [x] Limit to: [999999] files Selected by [Random track (auto-refresh)]
without specifying the 'Sort by' works for me to generate different content everytime I press F5
Oh, that's interesting. I had SORT = Random, but I had NOT checked the LIMIT at all ... huh. Same behavior. I wonder if it has to do with these being imported playlists. Will recreate its definition from scratch and report back.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Updated to .2302

Created playlist from scratch. It generates randomly on creation, but will not re-generate, whether I close it and reopen or hit F5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you share screenshot of your AutoPlaylist settings: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733

What are your Selected by for Limit to and Sort By settings?
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/721ga5k1sd284 ... M.PNG?dl=0

Behavior stays the same whether the LIMIT checkbox is on or off.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Removing the 'Sort by: random' will do the trick for you.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Also, fyi, the behaviour will be changed in the next RC so that it'll work as you expected.

see: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17486

-Rusty