/INFILE directive in command no longer working

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Blackcat12

/INFILE directive in command no longer working

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi,
I have a /INIFILE directive in my startup line for a portable installation that was working, but no longer. I have a custom database specified in my ini file, but MM5 b2261 is creating a blank MM5.DB now.
Lowlander

Re: /INFILE directive in command no longer working

Post by Lowlander »

Custom database still works: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... e-location

Make sure you have it first under [System]

Code: Select all

[System]
DBName=C:\MediaMonkey\MM5.DB
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi - This is a regression issue as it was reported previously and corrected.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=95363

Actually, the entry for the custom DB is being deleted from the INI file when I open MM5 b2261. I looked at the INI file and found that it had been updated today. I discovered the entry missing for the custom DB and re-added it. I reopened MM5 and it updated the INI file again by removing the entry for the path for the custom DB.

I reinstalled b2258 (kept my Portable folder) and this is working as expected with that build.

Another observation while looking into this is that in the Portable\Temp folder, both a MediaMonkey and MediaMonkey5 folder is being created with b2261. I am not sure if the two folders are being created by design, but previously (b2258), only the MediaMonkey5 folder was being created.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am also unable to reproduce.

Can you please create support ticket and supply us with sample INI file and command line to mediamonkey.exe?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Blackcat12 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 am Hi - This is a regression issue as it was reported previously and corrected.

Actually, the entry for the custom DB is being deleted from the INI file when I open MM5 b2261. I looked at the INI file and found that it had been updated today. I discovered the entry missing for the custom DB and re-added it. I reopened MM5 and it updated the INI file again by removing the entry for the path for the custom DB.

I reinstalled b2258 (kept my Portable folder) and this is working as expected with that build.
Have you seen this post, and the posts that follow it.
Does this explain what you are seeing?
This covers a recent change to ini file handling of custom database locations.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Barry4679 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:53 am
Blackcat12 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 am Hi - This is a regression issue as it was reported previously and corrected.

Have you seen this post, and the posts that follow it.
Does this explain what you are seeing?
This covers a recent change to ini file handling of custom database locations.
Thank you, Barry. I had not seen that post and yes, this is exactly what is happening. I do not understand why this worked flawlessly in MM4 and suddenly we have to change the design to ONLY allow the DBName to be MM5.DB, and with b2261, the DBName entry is actually being deleted from the ini file now.

My command start up:
X:\MediaMonkey5_IPAD\MediaMonkey.exe /INIFILE=X:\MediaMonkey5_IPAD\Portable\MediaMonkey_ipad.ini

and the inifile line under [System] is:
DBName=X:\MediaMonkey5_IPAD\Portable\MM5_IPAD.DB
Peke

Post by Peke »

Blackcat12 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:49 am My command start up:
X:\MediaMonkey5_IPAD\MediaMonkey.exe /INIFILE=X:\MediaMonkey5_IPAD\Portable\MediaMonkey_ipad.ini

and the inifile line under [System] is:
DBName=X:\MediaMonkey5_IPAD\Portable\MM5_IPAD.DB
There is no need for all that you already have MM Portable installed so just add

Code: Select all

[Portable]
IsPortable=1
to the beginning of your "MediaMonkey_ipad.ini" rename it to "MediaMonkey.ini", then rename "MM5_IPAD.DB" to "MM5.db" and simply start "MediaMonkey.exe".

Maybe I am wrong but I do not see the reason for using MM5 Portable and have custom INI file.

Anyway I created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16861 for implementation, think it will be much easier than adding /INIFILE command line.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi,
I have used this setup for several years as a licensed user with no issues. I have one instance of MM5 installed with 3 different DB's with different DB Names and 3 associated INI files in my portable folder. I have 3 Windows shortcut with startup command lines calling the relevant INI file in the start up. One for my local drive where I only have a subset, one for my portable drive with my full library, and one for my IPAD which has lower bitrate files. So one instance of MM5, but three different DB's and usages.
I really don't understand why we are taking a shortcut and taking away the long standing functionality rather than addressing whatever root issue was there for MM5 specifically.

Also, don't lose sight that I also noted that with these latest builds, there are two folders being created in the Portable\Temp. One for "MediaMonkey" and one for "MediaMonkey5". Why the two folders? By design, by mistake to add the '5' in the code somewhere or is it crossing between MM4 and MM5?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It will be fixed in next build.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643