Screen or library does not update after ripping

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

toyzrme

Screen or library does not update after ripping

Post by toyzrme »

Ripping a CD on MMW 5.0.0.2256, the library doesn't always reflect the ripped tracks, even after a "refresh".

For example:
- rip CD with 10 tracks to mp3
- MM converts and levels volume
- MM windows show 0, or a subset of tracks, or sometimes all
- F5 refresh: doesn't change the screen

I check in Windows File Explorer, and indeed, 10 tracks have been written to the hard drive.

Restarting MM5 doesn't fix it.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Lowlander

Re: Screen or library does not update after ripping

Post by Lowlander »

What node are you in when this happens?
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

"Music"
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

So are you saying that the ripped tracks haven't been added to your library at all? If you search for them in MM are you able to see them?

Does this always happen (for every CD)?
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

It certainly happened on several CD's. And yes, searching found the tracks. My concern was the display.

But I think I found what's happening - a different, but less serious issue: the "Added" field is not always updated when ripped.

I was viewing the Music Node, All Tracks, sorted by "Added" to see tracks after ripping them. However, sometimes only a portion of the tracks were tagged with the "Added" field, and sometimes it is missing - thus they would appear differently if only some were tagged (when sorted by "Added").

FYI I do have auto-level set on rip, in case that's part of the issue.
Last edited by toyzrme on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Environment:
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I was viewing the Music Node, All Tracks, sorted by "Added" to see tracks after ripping them. However, sometimes only a portion of the tracks were tagged with the Added" field, and sometimes it is missing - thus they would appear differently if only some were tagged (when sorted by "Added").
And what value for Added gets the portion of tracks? Is this only refresh issue or the incorrect Added values are permanent?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you able to reproduce the Added problem with 2259? All my Ripped files have it. Is the problem that you have a blank value for Added or a wrong value. Please attach screenshots if it helps explain or capture in a debug log (step 4b) and attach that to a Support Ticket.