Auto-tagging gives back the wrong tags [#16808]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

aboelen

Auto-tagging gives back the wrong tags [#16808]

Post by aboelen »

L.S.,

When auto-tagging approximately 20% of the tags returned are incorrect. That is, they provide the wrong information about the tagged track. The amount of mishaps differs from small errors, like wrong Album, up untill all tags wrong.
I have fingerprint enabled and use musicbrainz as reference db (it does however not make a difference whether I use musisbrainz or freedb as a reference). I know my music, so I am sure (and off course checked it) that the original tags are right (even had shazam listen...).
For example with this song (this song) the result is incorrect, as is with (this) one. The first is only a 'title' failure, the second is wrong in almost every tag.

Although the tagging works much more intuitive than in the previous versions, it would be nice to be able to do more fine tuning with auto-tagging. Like in the discogs add-on in MM4 where you could limit the search to only CD's or only LP's or search only for a specific artist or not change existing tags (on a per tag selection). But that probably would not solve the fingerprinting mishaps.

By the way: Why is not discogs in your search space?

Keep up the good work,
regards, AJB
Happy Gold User since 2008 :D
MM version: newest v5 beta & MM server beta alongside latest v4 (MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1.x)
Main Device: Win11, x64, Intel i9, 32Gb RAM, 1000Gb SSD Sys + 2Tb SSD Data + 9Tb HDD for media
Media Collection: music (>100.000 Tracks), audiobooks (>10.000 tracks), podcasts (>15.000 tracks) & video (>2500 movies)
MM database on local machine, media files for maintenance on local machine, operational media on Synology NAS 418p - feeding Squeeze players, Apple TV, Google ChromeCast, Synology audio & video players & several iPhones, iPads & Android devices.
PetrCBR

Re: Auto-tagging gives back the wrong tags

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks for your feedback. We'll still improving detection. I've just checked your tracks and made some changes in detection so they will be correctly detected in 2254 and later builds. Also you can send me PM so we can test my changes on your files.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Lowlander

Re: Auto-tagging gives back the wrong tags

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander

Re: Auto-tagging gives back the wrong tags [#16808]

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please retest with Build 2510 and see if this works better for you: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d