Image lookup does not properly save images

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TIV73

Image lookup does not properly save images

Post by TIV73 »

Hi there,
I noticed that album art created from the 'Lookup image...' function in the File Properties dialog of a track does not properly save found images to the track folder. To reproduce:

- Take a track and remove all album art from it.
- Copy an image file to the directory where the track is stored and refresh the directory in MediaMonkey.
- Open the properties of the track. It should now list the image file as album art.
- When checking the tooltip of the image, it will provide the full file path and name of the image file.
- Click on the 'Lookup image...' button, select any of the found images and confirm the dialog. The 'Add cover' dialog will pop up.
- In the add cover dialog make sure that the image location is set to 'Save image to file folder' is selected and confirm the dialog.
- When checking the tooltip of the new image, only the file name will provided, not the full path and the image file is not saved to the directory of the track.
MiPi

Re: Image lookup does not properly save images

Post by MiPi »

I cannot reproduce this. Yes, just after inserting new image it does not display whole path in tooltip, it is expected. But after saving the change by pressing OK in properties dialog, the image is saved to the folder and linked to the file in DB. Are we talking about files in library, right?
TIV73

Re: Image lookup does not properly save images

Post by TIV73 »

Yup, seems like you are right. Looks like I never bothered to actually press OK on the properties screen - or at least I didn't check the file directory afterwards. Thanks for clearing this up!