Feature Request: Artist Image Search add "band" to the searc

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

BenRad

Feature Request: Artist Image Search add "band" to the searc

Post by BenRad »

I have a bunch of artist images, ie Beach House, Black Sheep, etc that are their namesakes and not the band. It's easy to add it to the search, but default would be nice.
BenRad

Re: Feature Request: Artist Image Search add "band" to the s

Post by BenRad »

Don't get me started on what it found for my Butthole Surfers collection.
MiPi

Re: Feature Request: Artist Image Search add "band" to the s

Post by MiPi »

We have already tried this, but did not find anything really universally useful. E.g. there is problem with "band", that it sometimes finds images of belts, ribbons, fitness bands, etc. Or the album artist is (nick)name of the person, not name of the band, and adding "band" makes results worse (compare searching "Debbi" and "Debbi band", Debbi finds correct person, "Debbi band" finds some group, where some Debbi Blackwell-Cook is). And similar for any other word we tried, it helped for some set of artists, but ruins results for others. Anyway we could improve our search term mapping to include more artists. So if you give us list of artists, for which adding "band" significantly improves search results, we can include it for future searches. And similar for other search terms.