Clean Tags removes artwork and does not re-add them when updating tags thereafter

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

robojock

Clean Tags removes artwork and does not re-add them when updating tags thereafter

Post by robojock »

Hi,

Whenever i use the clean tags option in mediamonkey it clears the artwork as well and updating the tags it does not re-add the artwork. My work around is to manually save each and every file artwork to the folder and then there after re-add it. Its a tedious task and time consuming :x Is there a way to update the files with artwork as well? I get my music from different sources and like to clean them but i noticed if i use that option i lose my artwork and mm5 does not update the artwork when updating"the files. Also does this work with other files that does not use id3 tags (like .flac, .ogg) as the menu option is a bit unclear as it only refers to id3v1 and v2 tags
Lowlander

Re: Clean Tags removes artwork and does not re-add them when updating tags thereafter

Post by Lowlander »

No, Clean Tags cleans all Tags. As Artwork isn't saved in the database any embedded Artwork is permanently removed.

Clean Tags only cleans ID3 tags, so it doesn't clean tags for FLAC as that doesn't use ID3. The problem being solved with Clean Tags is that corrupted ID3 tags could cause problems for MP3 files.
robojock

Re: Clean Tags removes artwork and does not re-add them when updating tags thereafter

Post by robojock »

I understand clean tags removes all tags and when you update them mm only writes the info that it has in the database which is what I want. Is there a way (script or something) to batch export artwork saved in the tags to re-write tags but with only the info the user wants?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, but Clean Tag is really designed as a last resort when ID3 tags have become corrupted.