Problem when trying to Sync a device: TMetadataStorageHandler.readTracksFromDeltaJSON has failed to parse...

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

feline1

Problem when trying to Sync a device: TMetadataStorageHandler.readTracksFromDeltaJSON has failed to parse...

Post by feline1 »

Hi I am running MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2433 on Windows 10 64bit (version 21H1 OS build 19043.1288)
I am syncing with a Sony NW-ZX100 Walkman over USB.

I have been using this successfully for many years with MMW4, but I did notice recently when I upgraded to MMW5 that sync has gotten dodgier (it often takes about 10 minutes for my Walkman to show up in MediaMonkey as a connected device, even though Windows knows its connected)

However tonight it has started throwing an Application Error when I go to sync ("Application throw an exception TMetadataStorageHandler.readTracksFromDeltaJSON has failed to parse:" )

If I click Continue on the error, it won't ;)
If I click Restart on the error, it doesn't :)
feline1

Re: Problem when trying to Sync a device: TMetadataStorageHandler.readTracksFromDeltaJSON has failed to parse...

Post by feline1 »

sometimes when I try to restart, it looks like there's already an undead version of MMW5 still running,
so I get an error about a port already being in use and it tells me to go to Options > Library > Media Sharing and fiddle with the settings. But I don't see much useful to do there...

I guess I need to install a debug build to troubleshoot this...?

Or is there some cache somewhere I could be clearing that might help?
feline1

Re: Problem when trying to Sync a device: TMetadataStorageHandler.readTracksFromDeltaJSON has failed to parse...

Post by feline1 »

Probably worth mentioning:
the Sony ZX100 Walkman has both it's internal flash memory and a MicroSD card in it - and you have to select on it which of those is for 'USB file transfer' - they show up as different connected devices in MediaMonkey.

I was getting the error when trying to sync the SD card -
I just switched back to syncing in the Walkman's internal memory and that still worked fine...

....but when I switch back to reading syncing from the SD card again, it still gives the error.
(The Walkman is working fine, there's no problem playing from the SD Card)
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Well, I got impatient and so I just reformatted the Walkman's SD card.

MMW5 is now happily re-syncing my entire library onto it without any error message. Given that my library is about 3/4 of a Terabyte, this is gonna take a while... :lol:

I'm guessing there was just one corrupted metadata file or something on the SD card that I could have wiped in order to fix this less drastically/time-consumingly...?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you come across this issue in the future, please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.