(P1)Auto-Tags to lookup (P2) AT & Playlist columns/sort order [#18492]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Not_tech_savy

(P1)Auto-Tags to lookup (P2) AT & Playlist columns/sort order [#18492]

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Could I get some other people to test this? using 2511
I mostly want lyrics but on a whim switched the order in the options menu for the order auto-tag searches in. lyrics went from first to last and I believe it is finding lyrics much much faster.
Also realized changing the "Replace existing %" to 90% adds a lot of time. Not a problem just didn't realize how much more time that adds.

Auto-tag for me is working a lot better. still doesn't save sort by album artist 1st then album from batch to batch. It is saving columns though, at least for mass updates
Last edited by Not_tech_savy on Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Barry4679

Re: Auto-Tag Search Order

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi Not...

I don't use autotag, nor do I get lyrics, but I had a quick look at it.

If you look at the status bar while it is searching for lyrics it seems to that it goes to each of the enabled Lyrics sources, one at a time, and then it goes back to the 1st source, and suddenly it has the lyrics. ... It seems to do this for every track. Some of the services are faster than others.

If this is how it works you should get a dramatic speedup if you turn off all the lyrics sources except whichever one gives a good result for your style of music.

For my test the 1st one (Elyrics) gave a good result, very much quicker.

And I would turn fingerprinting off ... it looks like is only worth it if you have crappy tags.

As to your theory, since it seems that it does things one a a time, I would think it best that your tags are worked over before looking for the lyrics.

[UPDATE] not so sure anymore. I am getting such variable results. Sometimes it searches all sites, but sometimes it seems happy what it found at the first site.

I looked at it too long, and am getting confused. Maybe it is caching results from earlier tests.

Sometimes it can take 3 minutes just trying to resolve a single track. ... So in case like that maybe fingerprinting would have helped?

Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Barry4679 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:47 am Hi Not...

I don't use autotag, nor do I get lyrics, but I had a quick look at it.

If you look at the status bar while it is searching for lyrics it seems to that it goes to each of the enabled Lyrics sources, one at a time, and then it goes back to the 1st source, and suddenly it has the lyrics. ... It seems to do this for every track. Some of the services are faster than others.

If this is how it works you should get a dramatic speedup if you turn off all the lyrics sources except whichever one gives a good result for your style of music.

For my test the 1st one (Elyrics) gave a good result, very much quicker.

And I would turn fingerprinting off ... it looks like is only worth it if you have crappy tags.

As to your theory, since it seems that it does things one a a time, I would think it best that your tags are worked over before looking for the lyrics.

[UPDATE] not so sure anymore. I am getting such variable results. Sometimes it searches all sites, but sometimes it seems happy what it found at the first site.

I looked at it too long, and am getting confused. Maybe it is caching results from earlier tests.

Sometimes it can take 3 minutes just trying to resolve a single track. ... So in case like that maybe fingerprinting would have helped?
Hey Barry, Ya now its switching between much faster and very slow ( Even for mainstream stuff) I currently have fingerprinting off as well. Maybe cause I was using it around midnight, I had free reign of their bandwidth?
I know you said you don't use auto tag, but would you know the difference between musicbrainz and omdb? I have both enabled, going to try just MB.

Also, do you know of a problem in 2511 where info appears in wrong fields? I was messing with DB settings, updated to windows 11 and 2511, A whole lotta apps, just a whole bunch of stuff. Idk if it was me or a bug but I keep noticing mainly lyrics, occasionally titles showing up for wrong songs and I believe a bunch of tags have reset.

I saw it mentioned somewhere want make sure I understand this correctly. So MediaMonkey only updates tags in its own database. The tags in your "library" the folder you scan to add to the MM DB remains unchanged?

Update: so using edge and Bing, songcoleta either tried to make me download a virus or flash player and seek a lyric won't even load a website. I removed those 2 and auto tag works much faster again
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

OMDb is a source for video files, whereas MusicBrainz is used for audio files.

As with any auto-tool you should verify the suggested changes prior to applying them. There is always the change of mismatches.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:42 pm OMDb is a source for video files, whereas MusicBrainz is used for audio files.

As with any auto-tool you should verify the suggested changes prior to applying them. There is always the change of mismatches.
Would I find that info in the knowledge base/wiki area?
And I was about to PM you. With this bit I mentioned to Barry: (Update: so using edge and Bing, songcoleta either tried to make me download a virus or flash player, McAfee blocked it, and seek a lyric won't even load a website. I removed those 2 and auto tag works much faster again?)

Maybe if users removed those 2 it would also make searching for lyrics much faster for them as well?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:42 pm
Hey Lowlander, Got something else to add, figured it should go here instead of a new post.

Using 2513
Bug for auto tag:
When right clicking columns then changing columns and sort order. They reset to default when starting again. Or if batch tagging a few hundred files. I set up my columns and sort order, accept tags and continue to next batch of 100 it will remember columns but sort order resets (I sort by album artist, album). Again, if I finish or cancel it'll be completely reset the next time.
- also skip and continue freezes for me if it has started looking.
Auto tag request:
In tools options menu can you add the ability to set up columns and sort order in preferred method.
- Also when right clicking columns, the area that let's you add and remove columns is called "tags to lookup". I think this will cause confusion since it's just tags to display, I believe it doesn't affect the tags to lookup that you set in tools - options menu?
- also the ability to do date by year. But I can use the addon to change that separately, so not important.
Right click menu Image
Tools - options - Metadata menu Image

Bug for playlist sort order:
It's working much better columns persist now, no crashing. However it won't allow me to remove the "#" column and it defaults to sorting by that. It seems to work differently for (static?) playlists
Auto playlists appear to be sorted correctly even though it keeps resetting to the "#" as the only thing to sort by when right clicking sort columns or manage views. In the actual Auto playlist settings it says it's doing sort by album artist then album.
- Would having several ways to set up sort by cause problems?
Auto playlist settings and right click settings
Manage Views

(For me if I go in to view-main panel view-manage views, I have to click the view, "My List" for the edit icon to appear. After clicking edit button, the menu, columns area is blank and I have to click view list, select list for the columns to fill in) Image

Static Playlist:
Will only sort by the "#" column which is the order they were added in. There is no drop down settings for static playlists. The edit icon just gives me the option to edit in playlist panel which open a list on the right but doesn't give any (as far as I can tell) additional editing options from the main panel. So I don't understand it's purpose aside from dragging music over from diff nodes.
- Right click menu is the same for auto and static. I can remove "#" in the menu and either it will still be there after hitting ok or it will disappear but reappear if I leave the node and come back.

Thank you for your time
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Not_tech_savy

Re: (P1)Auto-Tags to lookup (P2) AT & Playlist columns/sort order

Post by Not_tech_savy »

i saw a similar issue reported in the ventis thing https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18456
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Added: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18492

For Skip freezing please capture that in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Peke

Re: (P1)Auto-Tags to lookup (P2) AT & Playlist columns/sort order [#18492]

Post by Peke »

Not_tech_savy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:27 am Static Playlist: Will only sort by the "#"
That is by design so that you can always restore original Sort, you can click on Save updated Order Icon to update order to your current sort.

# is essential Playlist parameter so you can't remove it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Peke wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:29 pm
Not_tech_savy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:27 am Static Playlist: Will only sort by the "#"
That is by design so that you can always restore original Sort, you can click on Save updated Order Icon to update order to your current sort.

# is essential Playlist parameter so you can't remove it.
Ah, not a bug then? Sorry if I wasted your time thought for sure they were related. and thank you! I knew I saw save new order somewhere. Was beginning to think I imagined it.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:41 pm
Hey Lowlander, I'm using 2516. Not sure if this is a new bug. It pulls a lot more lyrics and is much faster. However I noticed it's pulling a lot of wrong lyrics. I think it's just using key words out of the title and not matching that against artist and album.

I will give examples on my next day off. Would you need screenshots or can you explain how I send files to y'all?

Thanks
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Screenshots may work. You can attach them to a Support Ticket if you want.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:12 pm Screenshots may work. You can attach them to a Support Ticket if you want.
Dumb question, how do I do a support ticket? Didn't see a link in knowledge base
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro