Does "Autotag" remember tagged songs? and other problems

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

1001Musik

Does "Autotag" remember tagged songs? and other problems

Post by 1001Musik »

Does "Autotag" remember tagged songs?
If I scan for new songs and check the box next to "Search for missing information about Auto Tag", it scans songs that were previously treated with Auto Tag.
As a result, Auto Tag never finishes because it always starts over at "A".
  • Auto Tag re-scans completed songs.
  • The "Path" column in Auto Tag is disabled. MM5 does not notice this and keeps showing it to me.
  • The cover image and text will be cut off at the bottom
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Lowlander

Re: Does "Autotag" remember tagged songs? and other problems

Post by Lowlander »

1) No, Auto-Tag always runs on all files in the selection.

2) Which Build (Help > About) are you seeing this on? It works for me.

3) Expand the width of the Artwork column as it will increase the height available for the Summary column.
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

1. How can I see which songs have already been edited with "Auto Tag"?

2. I just removed the "Path" column. However, when you restart MM5, the column is there again.

3. Okay perfekt
WiFi Syncing

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can't, this information isn't stored anywhere. Timestamp may help you identify, but it won't include files you send to Auto-Tag, but weren't updated by Auto-Tag.

2) Which Build (Help > About) are you seeing this on?
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

1. I agree that's annoying but I believe the database it pulls from can be updated with new information. So it will always check the songs you select. I'd say your best bet is to not check the box for auto tag when re-scanning library. I would just select everything in your recently added playlist.

2. Managing views seems messed up at the moment especially in auto-tag

- (lowlander) Will make new post when I have time to dig into views and give you better info (using 2510) But manage views on everything fully or partially resets when going to a different node. (tried both custom view and right click columns bar and setting up through that as well) Auto-tag is the worst it doesn't remember added columns, the sort order, or positions of columns.

3. If lowlanders reply fixed it good. For me it seems like several windows are getting cut off (re-scan, auto-organize, auto-tag) sometimes double clicking makes them use the rest of the window.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

Thanks for the detailed Answer

I'm not that happy with Auto Tag anyway. However, it can be that it is not due to MM, but to the missing data that is retrieved.
I'm looking for old and new music, and genres are almost never found.
WiFi Syncing

Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

1001Musik wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:15 am Thanks for the detailed Answer

I'm not that happy with Auto Tag anyway. However, it can be that it is not due to MM, but to the missing data that is retrieved.
I'm looking for old and new music, and genres are almost never found.
Your welcome and I've been having lots of problems with auto tag as well. I have it set to fingerprint all songs, but it keeps changing titles to the wrong one. Then I fingerprint just that song and it changes it back to the original, correct song (half the time)

You could try what I did, I just went through and highlighted certain artists. Picked a base genre like metal and changed the properties genre to metal

-I stopped having it look for genres cause I didn't like having to sift through them for the bands I want to listen too. Apparently you can set up sub folders though I'll have to look into that.

And if media/monkey brains (whatever the server is called) let's me. I'm going to try to update the info, so it's correct, for the artists I know are right. A lot of my underground 90s rap keeps getting changed from the correct title to "track 02"
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more