(bug) partial settings reset?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Not_tech_savy

(bug) partial settings reset?

Post by Not_tech_savy »

I apologize if I'm asking dumb questions. Have I been booted from the beta?
I started MM today and it asked If I wanted to allow the program to make changes, like I had just installed it. So I went ahead and did that, it opened with a welcome to MM screen. A bunch of my settings but not all have been changed. It unmarked check for beta, has volume leveling turned back on, auto tag reset. Haven't gone through my music but I know 4 have nothing in the fields now.

Is this a bug or have I done something?

Edit: about 90% sure I did something
Last edited by Not_tech_savy on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Lowlander

Re: (bug) partial settings reset?

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install an update prior to this?
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:31 pm Did you install an update prior to this?
For just MM? I thought I got 2507 around the 4th off the forum I have or had check for beta marked but that doesn't seem to work for me, no matter which version I use it says I'm on the current one. Downloads folder says I got (or modified) it the 6th. Browser downloads bar is saying I downloaded it twice. that's just strange I don't remember doing that. I used it yesterday, I would think I would have noticed most of my settings changing.
I see 2508 is out I'll go ahead and get that.
...Ya, I have no idea how I did this.

Update
well now I'm confused. just got 2508 expecting I'd have to redo my settings again. but they saved. so even if I Installed 2507 twice, why did it reset my settings earlier today?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Maybe you have two installations, ie. a Portable and normal install?
Maybe you started the "other" one this morning?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Barry4679 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:32 am Maybe you have two installations, ie. a Portable and normal install?
Maybe you started the "other" one this morning?
So I remember I was getting like no sleep so the 6th, I doubled my sleep meds. Apparently that doesn't mean I goto sleep I just continue doing things and only have vague memories of it lol.
I kinda remember messing with add-ons, then MM started acting weird, wasn't sure how to reset so I tried reinstalling it. (Maybe?)

I think this was all me, however I know I used MM on the 7th. So I'm not sure why it didnt reset till the morning of the 8th.

1. Actually now that I'm thinking of it. Why were only half of my settings reset? Shouldn't it be all or nothing?
2. do various updates like 2507 get continuous tweaks and big updates happen to new versions or is 2507 all set and all fixes happen in next version?
I feel like MM randomly starts behaving differently. Not sure if it's been tweaked or if I've done something.
3. Also since it always says I'm using the current version, could it be upgrading me to the current version and just not updating the version number?

Not sure if I should or how to delete this post, since I have no clue how to recreate this.

What runes do I put down to summon a great one?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:31 pm Did you install an update prior to this?
I think I figured it out. Tried to do a clean install but I didn't delete all of mediamonkey.

When mediamonkey first starts up with no skins is it supposed to be super green? Or is that a sign I have done something wrong? I have a screenshot of it at home, if needed.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, initial Skin is Material Design (dark) as shown here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 7s_New/5.0

Clean install instructions: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Not_tech_savy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:09 pm I think I figured it out. Tried to do a clean install but I didn't delete all of mediamonkey.

When mediamonkey first starts up with no skins is it supposed to be super green? Or is that a sign I have done something wrong? I have a screenshot of it at home, if needed.
MM5 does show the green skin when it it is "safe mode". ie it has crashed, and you clicked the button saying something like "Restart in Safe Mode". I am presuming that it restarts without loading any of the add-ons, just in case one is causing instability.

So maybe it also shows when there are no skins.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:13 pm
Not_tech_savy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:09 pm I think I figured it out. Tried to do a clean install but I didn't delete all of mediamonkey.

MM5 does show the green skin when it it is "safe mode". ie it has crashed, and you clicked the button saying something like "Restart in Safe Mode". I am presuming that it restarts without loading any of the add-ons, just in case one is causing instability.

So maybe it also shows when there are no skins.
My bad I meant I didn't choose a skin. Code monkey is my goto. And I see Lowlander said that other one is default. So I'll assume it started in safe mode

MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro