Shuffle all the songs without adding them to a queue/playlist & Slow artwork loading up to 5 seconds, normal?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

monkeymaky

Shuffle all the songs without adding them to a queue/playlist & Slow artwork loading up to 5 seconds, normal?

Post by monkeymaky »

Hello,
i just found this program i try now.
I have some questions or feature request and possibly a bug with my installation I'm not sure..

I'm surprised to see i can't shuffle all the songs without adding them to a queue/playlist ?
For example i'd really like to just go in the album view and shuffle them all.

The genres view is almost useless because there is so much genres that each one just have 3-4 under them, for example metal music have multiple subgenres so there's a lot of different genres with just a few under them. Any way around that?

The albums artworks loading takes up to 5 seconds, is that normal? Some of them loads under 1 second as i scroll down thats fine but many takes more than that so i'm just there scrolling and waiting for them to appear as i scroll... is it possible to speed this up a little like maybe the next and previous 100 album covers could load before the scrolling, like a buffer memory or something?

Ah also why some albums are separated? It will split all the songs of one album into multiple ones in the album view...

Thanks a lot :)
Lowlander

Re: Shuffle all the songs without adding them to a queue/playlist & Slow artwork loading up to 5 seconds, normal?

Post by Lowlander »

1) Shuffle a view is not possible

2) Genres shows the Genres that you have in use for the files in the Library. If you want to see less Genres you'll need to tag your files in such a way that less Genres are being used.

3) Which Build (Help > About) are you using and exactly where is taking this long? When you're new to MediaMonkey it may take time to cache all the Artworks. If they're embedded they would need to be read from the media file. Once more of your Artwork is cached it should be faster (but the speed of your hard drive can influence this).

4) Album and Album Artist need to be the same for files to be considered an Album: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ist_Albums
Peke

Re: Shuffle all the songs without adding them to a queue/playlist & Slow artwork loading up to 5 seconds, normal?

Post by Peke »

monkeymaky wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:10 pm i just found this program i try now.
Welcome
monkeymaky wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:10 pm I have some questions or feature request and possibly a bug with my installation I'm not sure..
I'll also try to answer them.

1) Nothing to add not possible ATM

2) To add to Lowlander reply with example: if you have for example "90s POP/Rock" I would Suggest to edit it so that they state "90s; POP; Rock" or "Death Metal/Hard Rock/Gothic/Alternative" -> "Death Metal; Hard Rock; Gothic; Alternative" Where you enable one of best Genre feature (Personally I use it everyday), a multi Genre tracks so you can search each Genre and filter those you do not need. HINT: You can edit Genre directly in Tree and it will apply on all listed tracks
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts