2420 - Option to hide the Menu Bar has problems

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

The main pop-up menu opens on another VDU, when the Menu Bar is configured off.
Last edited by Barry4679 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Re: 2418 - menu opens on incorrect screen

Post by drakinite »

I can sometimes reproduce, depending on the scaling settings of both monitors. Reopened https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16910.

Can you fiddle with your scaling settings, as well as log out & back in again, to confirm that this issue is dependent on the scaling settings of your displays?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Barry4679

Re: 2418 - menu opens on incorrect screen

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:16 pm I can sometimes reproduce, depending on the scaling settings of both monitors. Reopened https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16910.

Can you fiddle with your scaling settings, as well as log out & back in again, to confirm that this issue is dependent on the scaling settings of your displays?
Text scaling is at 100%. My screens are not identical dimensions, but both are set to 1920x1080.
The issue is 100% on. Survives MM restart and PC rebooting.
I don't think fiddling will do anything.
Tested with Code Monkey and Material Design (dark) skins.

The issue is not confined to the File menu as described in that Mantis report. It is the whole main menu.
Are you sure that you are replicating my situation? ... ie. configure the menu bar off (ie. View|MenuBar) ... the issue is triggered by that (here).
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Re: 2418 - menu opens on incorrect screen [#16910]

Post by drakinite »

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:54 pm The issue is not confined to the File menu as described in that Mantis report. It is the whole main menu.
Are you sure that you are replicating my situation? ... ie. configure the menu bar off (ie. View|MenuBar) ... the issue is triggered by that (here).
Yes. The issue was originally based on your report here. It's related because the File menu, like the menu button you reported on this thread, opens riiiiiight on the left edge of the screen. If you right click in the media tree or the player, on the leftmost few pixels of the window, you'll find that the context menu will also appear on the incorrect screen. The reason I asked for you to temporarily change your scaling settings is because on my system, the issue is only replicable on some scaling settings. When both screens are at 100%, the issue occurs; but when both are at 125%, the issue does not occur.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Barry4679

Re: 2418 - menu opens on incorrect screen [#16910]

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:09 pmThe reason I asked for you to temporarily change your scaling settings is because on my system, the issue is only replicable on some scaling settings. When both screens are at 100%, the issue occurs; but when both are at 125%, the issue does not occur.
OK, same here.
I know that you are not suggesting it, but this is not a good workaround.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I see a second problem when the the Menu Bar is toggled off via the view menu.

I like this new MM5 option, but it comes at a cost.
When the Menu Bar is hidden, the Alt Key opens a hidden menu panel, and places focus in there.
This interferes with any hotkeys that used the Alt Key.
Steps:
  • create a hot key function to open|close the rhs panel, assign the HotKey to Alt+.
  • set off the visibility of the Menu Bar via the View menu
  • ===> the Hot key function is (mostly) broken
nb. v2420 still has the problem where the Tool Bar panel is opened on the wrong VDU when MM5 is maximised and Windows Display text is set to 100%
Lowlander

Re: 2420 - Option to hide the Menu Bar has problems

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce on 2420. Alt opens the menu as expected here and can then be used by keyboard and mouse.

I did observed this: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18105
Barry4679

Re: 2420 - Option to hide the Menu Bar has problems

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:21 am I can't reproduce on 2420. Alt opens the menu as expected here and can then be used by keyboard and mouse.
Confirm that I am on 2420.
Check that you are running MM5 on your right hand panel.
I just tried again. It works OK when MM5 is running on the lhs panel, but fails as described when MM5 running on rhs panel.