Image Search Browse Location / Album Image Location [#17771]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Image Search Browse Location / Album Image Location [#17771]

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

For artists / composers and publishers, when the BROWSE... button is click in the lower left of the image search pop-up, could the "default location" be set more appropriately. So with Abba selected, perhaps the location for the "Normal" installation would be something like:

C:\Users\?????\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5\ArtistImages\a

and for the "Portable" installation it does this almost as expected i.e.

C:\MediaMonkey 5 2336\Portable\ArtistImages\a

but the lowest folder is always A whether Abba, Beatles or Yes selected

I am referring to when image tiles are displayed for Artists / Composers / Publishers are displayed and you right click to "Lookup Image"

Interestingly, if you do the same for Albums you browse to the same locations. Perhaps this need to be the "Album" folder(s). This is a little more difficult to predict I guess as it will depend on how the user structures their library. For example, I use \Music\Artist\Album\

Thanks.
Ian Taylor
MM4W 4.1.29.1919 (Portable 12Feb2021) on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (v20H2 Build 19042.928)
Add-Ons:Export / Import Playlists for Child Nodes; Magic Nodes; RegExp Find and Replace; Tagging Inconsistencies
Music library of 32,740 files backed up to OneDrive
MMA 1.4.4.0952 on Sony Xperia XZ with Android 8 & ~14,500 Tracks
MMA 1.4.4.0952 on Samsung Tab S5e with Android 9 & ~14,500 Tracks
Android Devices synchronised with MM4W using USB
Trying MM5W 5.0.1.2404 (Portable & Normal 14May2021) on same Windows 10 a copy of media files (and separate library for each version / type installation!)
Ludek

Re: Image Search Browse Location / Album Image Location

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting, it really works inconsistently now and should be tuned,
entered as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17771