Latest Round of Windows 7 X64 Updates trashes MM4

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

sirandar

Latest Round of Windows 7 X64 Updates trashes MM4

Post by sirandar »

Microsoft does it again.

The latest round of Microsoft Windows Updates for Windows 7 x64 trashed my MM4 install. I an guessing it was the NET update...

After my computer installed the updates by themselves and rebooted my PC (thanks MS) when I started MM4 it was like I was running it of the first time. My license was gone, my library was gone ....... sigh

I decided I my as well update top the new release ..... installed ..... my library came back and was only missing a few settings. My library was exactly the same as it was before the update .... weird.

I would like to seriously thank the MM4 for actually making a program with sane design for end users. Since MM4 stores just about everything in tags, even a serious windows update fiasco means at worse you loose some settings and have to re install. Some thoughtless devs like the ones that made PowerAmp for Android store ratings in their own custom database .... you are forced to continue using their software and have data catastrophes when problems occur.
Peace through music
Bex

Re: Latest Round of Windows 7 X64 Updates trashes MM4

Post by Bex »

I installed the latest update from Microsoft yesterday. Thankfully, nothing affected my MM4 install. I wonder why you got problems?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
sirandar

Post by sirandar »

Bex wrote:I installed the latest update from Microsoft yesterday. Thankfully, nothing affected my MM4 install. I wonder why you got problems?
Are you using an account with full admin?

I am also using a portable install
Peace through music
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I too have installed most recent updates and see nothing with MMW. Yes 'full rights' and win7x64.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I did see it recently on a Portable Install (not on Windows 7 nor updates from Windows): http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11824