MM4 Review and Bugs

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

sirandar

MM4 Review and Bugs

Post by sirandar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 am

Personal Review

System: Windows 7 ATI card, MS Laser 7000 mouse + keyboard

Didn't like the new interface much, tabs could be useful, but I can't see myself using them much.
I use the vision skin and the interface was a little ugly as the Window banner colour didn't match the skin.

There didn't seem to be that much that was an improvement so I uninstalled ..... then the horror began. Getting MM3 working again was a big pain that took an hour. Had to remove every trace of MM4 before it would work again. Biggest problem was the UI would crash if any resizing done.

Video I will never use.

BUGS:

1) Just like MM3, MM4 still doesn't scroll properly with a high rez mouse including the MS Laser 7000. Probably MS's fault but they aren't going to fix it becasue they can't ...... the devs need to fix the MM program. Yes there are workarounds but they are not worth it.

2) The MonkeyFlow Coverflow like art browser is slow and the are is too small and the art can't be resized. Monkeyflow is basically what it should be like.

3) Window borders don't match the skin

4) Still no native lyric viewer. Its crazy that video was introduced into MM4 before a dedicated flexible lyric viewer. It should be able to show lyrics at any size and in a dockable window. Gege's script works OK but it is not integrated, uses IE, and the font size must be hacked at the CCS level.

5) On windows 7 using the Milkdrop visualization causes bizzare behaviour ... window maximixes, minimizes then maximizes, then minimizes ...

6) Still no truly big font support so you can see everything from accross the room. You can play with the font size % but that tends to mess things up. DreadM has a VisionXL skin that is along the right lines and hacking Gege's Lyric Viewer almost gives the effect I am looking for. It would be better if the devs built this from the ground up instead of having it patched in my modders.

7) The new interface is a bit of a birds nest .... it needs to be cleaned up.
Last edited by nohitter151 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to news forum
Peace through music

Lowlander

Re: MM4 Review and Bugs

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:58 am

Still have to post issues in existing threads and if non exist in separate threads: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=40381
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

sirandar

Post by sirandar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:31 pm

How ironic ..... This is the last place I wanted to post this.... It was meant for the BUGS section. Probably me....after logging in I didn't switch

Please move to the Bugs section
Peace through music

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:24 pm

sirandar wrote:How ironic ..... This is the last place I wanted to post this.... It was meant for the BUGS section. Probably me....after logging in I didn't switch

Please move to the Bugs section
A personal review is not a bug report. I moved it here. Please, if you want to submit beta bug reports:

1. Read the "Reporting bugs" thread, and follow the instructions: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
2. Post each issue to its own thread
3. Report in the "beta testing" forum
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.