Questions on ripping songs into MediaMonkey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Zantis

Questions on ripping songs into MediaMonkey

Post by Zantis » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:23 pm

I've wondered about a few question lately related to the quality of ripping songs into MediaMonkey.

1) When ripping songs into MediaMonkey is the quality affected if I'm also listening to songs at the same time. I'm constantly listening to music, so it made me wonder.

2) I like to rip my CD's into the computer using the highest available CBR 320kbps but I've never checked the box for "Level Track Volume", for me keeping the quality would I want to check this. Do most use this?

3) Depending on the answer to #2, would going back and using the Level Track Volume still work afterwards as good as doing it when doing the initial ripping of the CD. I noticed it was in the Tools menu.

Thanks in advance

Z

Lowlander

Re: Questions on ripping songs into MediaMonkey

Post by Lowlander » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 pm

1) No

2) It may affect, you can use Analyze Volume afterwards instead.

3) Tools > Level Track Volume can be done any time after ripping, but Analyze Volume is preferred.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Sizzly

Re: Questions on ripping songs into MediaMonkey

Post by Sizzly » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Hey, Lowlander! #1 is a yes if his machine has too much other stuff going on. It's always possible to get jittery encoded mp3s if the CPU is too busy to buffer the incoming stream properly. But Lowlander is right so far as it wouldn't be MM that caused the issue.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com