About mediamonkey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

archont

About mediamonkey

Post by archont »

Hey!

Just came in for a second to tell you about my experience with mediamonkey. It's the worst piece of shit I have ever seen, I kid you not. I've tried several players. Winamp, musikcube, foobar, windows media player and about seven more I can't be bothered to recall.

Although mediamonkey doesn't consume as much system resources as WMP or winamp, it's a big-ridden mess that I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless I really hate him.

Mediamonkey is the only media player that crashes and burns on a regular basis. It's the only media player that tends to crash one of it's threads and keep looping a 5-second piece of internet radio for ever. And it's the only media player that got me banned from several net radios for a DOS-like connection attempt.

My experience has been more than horrible, it has to be the worst mess ever. I don't want to file bug reports even though I'm a developer myself and have worked as a beta tester for several products, I don't want to even touch it anymore. It's a horrible, disgousting mess that I just want to get over with right away, and wish to warn all potential users before they waste their bandwidth and time on this garbage.

I'm sorry, but fubar does all that I want MM to do, only it doesn't suck. It's been over half a year since I installed it and I didn't ever look back to MM. And it's not because of system specs - the system is on an SSD drive, temp files and cache are on a ram drive (2 out of 8 gigs) and the system is running a quad i7.

While I appreciate the amount of work that went into developing this product - please, for the sake of all of us - find another job that doesn't involve computers.

Cheers,
archont
Melloware

Re: About mediamonkey

Post by Melloware »

Hey Troll,

Ummmm, you are kidding right?

I have been using MM for over two years and never had a single problem like you reported. It has never crashed once on me either. Could your PC be riddled with viruses and spyware by any chance causing your problems? It seems like you prefer Foobar but from what I can tell Foobar does not do Internet radio which from what I can tell is your major problem with MM?

And its "Foobar" http://www.foobar2000.org/ not "fubar". And it's "disgusting" and not "disgousting". So I am actually doubting you are a developer...you can't code in Java, C, C++ or any other if you can't spell. :) Well if you consider HTML a coding language then maybe your are an HTML coder....
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
tinana

Post by tinana »

This is the third posting of this nature that I know of to make onto these boards in about as many weeks, with similar grammar and spelling errors, lack of specificity in detailing problems encountered and lack of previous posting history. Strange coincidence.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
archont

Post by archont »

Melloware wrote:Hey Troll,

Ummmm, you are kidding right?

I have been using MM for over two years and never had a single problem like you reported. It has never crashed once on me either. Could your PC be riddled with viruses and spyware by any chance causing your problems? It seems like you prefer Foobar but from what I can tell Foobar does not do Internet radio which from what I can tell is your major problem with MM?

And its "Foobar" http://www.foobar2000.org/ not "fubar". And it's "disgusting" and not "disgousting". So I am actually doubting you are a developer...you can't code in Java, C, C++ or any other if you can't spell. :) Well if you consider HTML a coding language then maybe your are an HTML coder....
Foobar certainly does internet radio.

My PC isn't riddled with viruses because I have three separate accounts, of which only one has admin rights. I regularly check the startup using sysinternals' tools and know what services are running on my machine at all times. The possibility of a rootkit on my system is slim to none, unless I've been silently hit by a windows 7 0-day I didn't know about. Then again that shouldn't happen either, as I'm browsing with Chrome (which is sandboxed) and behind a hardware firewall.

And here's an idea you might want to think over. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, English isn't everybody's first language? Blasphemy, I know, how can anyone on this world be anything BUT highly proficient in your language and not be a leperous retard?

If posts like mine occur from time to time that's probably a good indication of how stable or mature MM is.

I have no intention of proving my skills as a developer, if only because my projects are covered with an NDA.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

tinana wrote:This is the third posting of this nature that I know of to make onto these boards in about as many weeks, with similar grammar and spelling errors, lack of specificity in detailing problems encountered and lack of previous posting history. Strange coincidence.
Agreed this is very bizarre? They come here and trash the product saying how they have been using some other product happily for 6 months. Well if you are happy with the product you have been using for 6 months why come here and trash it? Makes no sense. If your intent was to help make the product better and report bugs I have a lot of respect for that. But I believe his exact quote to the MM team was to "find another job that doesn't involve computers". That isn't constructive criticism or trying to make the product better.
archont wrote:And here's an idea you might want to think over. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, English isn't everybody's first language? Blasphemy, I know, how can anyone on this world be anything BUT highly proficient in your language and not be a leperous retard?
I find it interesting that you have not created an account on this forum and keep checking back in to see what people have said.

I understand if English is not your first language and Swedish is your native tongue. Why not post on the Swedish forums about MM and it's apparent drawbacks? So if you are posting on an English forum to trash a product, a well written review in English is the only thing that will lend you any credibility. When I am posting on a Swedish forum I would expect you to dismiss my review if it was poorly worded Swedish. Är det rättvist nog?
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
jepatico

Post by jepatico »

Agreed...one crash after another. Having used just about any and all media players available, this is by far the buggiest POS I have ever seen. For those who disagree, you are simply not trying to utilize all the functions. Once you get past simply listening to music with it and attempt to use the more advanced functions you too will have the meltdowns.