New free and best application for remote control MediaMonkey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: New free and best application for remote control MediaMonkey

Post by nohitter151 »

BigBlack wrote:hey guys where i can find the eventghost.vbs? Thank you bye
It is installed by default when you install EventGhost. See the 1st post.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
AchmedTarquin

Re: New free and best application for remote control MediaMo

Post by AchmedTarquin »

Hi,

I don't know too much about computers. I wouldn't even know where to begin putting a script in or whatever.

My question though is this...

Can you use Event Ghost to control media monkey on one computer from another if they are both connected to the same wifi router? And if the answer is yes, then how do you set it up. I installed Event Ghost onto this computer (the one I want to use as the controller, not the player) and I've installed the Media monkey pluggin but have no idea from this point how to control Media Monkey on the other computer.

Thanks for any help!
Pako

Post by Pako »

It is quite easy (at least for basic control of MM).
On the computer, where MM is installed, add to configuration EG the plugin Network Event Receiver
and on the other computer the plugin Network Event Sender.
Using Network Event Sender plugin you can send commands for MM.

Pako
Pako

Post by Pako »

The new version of the EventGhost plugin, compatible with MM 4.0, can be downloaded here.

Attention: This new version no longer needs for its work the file EventGhost.vbs !!!

Pako
nonob

Re: New free and best application for remote control MediaMonkey

Post by nonob »

Hi,

It is a very old thread, but I'm always using EvenGhost and its MediaMonkey plugin, until I update MediaMonkey from version 4 to version 5: it doesn't work anymore, I created a new topic here if someone can help :)
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)