Few instances

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

philaupatte

Few instances

Post by philaupatte »

Hola,
I did use beta MediaMonkey 5 in the past and I was not convinced. Today, well it is different. Excellent job to all of you. It is fine and smooth. Migration gets well from 4 to 5 and I do like the way we can rearrange it.

However, I really have to set of Music for two different purposes which are not compatible. Therefore, I am wondering if it possible to have few instances of MediaMonkey pointing to different roaming folders ?

Sample Windows 10

Currently:
MM5 is pointing on "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5" and default MM5 database is "MM5.DB". It is allowed to add dB name into "MediaMonkey.ini" in "[System]" section and to call MediaMonkey with parameter such INFILE to locate INI file.

Can't we have another parameter such MM5FOLDER that allows to point to different folders that contains all. Sample:
MM5FOLDER=" "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5-Instance1". There will be nothing to change and MediaMonkey will work the same using this path!!!

What do you think ? Thanks
TIV73

Re: Few instances

Post by TIV73 »

I'm doing pretty much the same thing where I have two instances of mediamonkey on the same machine. A regular installation of the current stable version, and portable installation of the latest available test version.
The installation writes its data to the roaming folder while the portable version has is completely self-contained. That way I have two separate installations of mediamonkey on the same host, complete with separate databases and settings.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

a) You can use Collections to separate content within a single MediaMonkey install: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Rules/5.0 This works well, especially if you want to have the same settings between the 2 sets of files.

b) You can do Portable Installs of MediaMonkey. Each would have their own content and settings.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I guess what you are searching for is https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16861

Can you confirm?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
philaupatte

Post by philaupatte »

Hello Peke,
Sorry for the delay but I was fully occupied with work and other developments.

Yes It does. Many Many thanks