any chance of a DR meter with MM5?

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

crawdad63

any chance of a DR meter with MM5?

Post by crawdad63 »

It would be a nice addition.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
drakinite

Re: any chance of a DR meter with MM5?

Post by drakinite »

Could you clarify what you mean by a DR meter? Perhaps give an example of what you're asking for?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

dynamic range meter, it shows how much compression is put on a recording.
George Clinton
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Ah. Hmm, maybe that information can be extrapolated from the volume analysis that's already performed on tracks. I'll ask Michal.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I see now that a DR meter is realtime, so it wouldn't work from volume analysis data.

Inside Scripts/vis_oscillator, there is code that fetches raw PCM data and displays as a waveform. The same data could be used to calculate dynamic range, and displayed as a visualization.
Edit: The oscillator visualization also calculates VU meter values. So the solution could be make some visualization based on oscillator, i.e. register
app.player.visualization.registerVisTypes(['oscilloscope']); That way, the app will prepare data including maxLeft and maxRight, and then the visualizer can present it some way.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I also think that http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300107 can be migrated to MM5 in order to provide same functionality, thus it is not realtime.

Or you are looking to get information like this?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

My assumption is that they were asking for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRvjx5_Spn8

Let us know which it is that you're asking for.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

There's a free version on that can be loaded on FooBar 2000
George Clinton
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Why not ask developers to make one for MediaMonkey as they can make it as Winamp DSP plugin or see if they would like to create one for MediaMonkey.

From What I see it is VST plugin so you can try https://winampheritage.com/plugin/vst-w ... dge/146317 and http://www.mywinamp.com/winamp-vst-plugin/
Best regards,
Peke
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

for what reason can't you do that ? I am the customer.
George Clinton
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
At this moment there is no official developing support for VST plugins. We can't just clone proprietary/commercial application function and development, licensing, patents fees cost and developing such feature also depends on demand. We may consider adding such feature in future.

It would be cheaper and faster for you to contact developers of feature you like and see if they are willing to make MediaMonkey Compatible one. We are always open to work with third party developers and give them support on mutual benefit.
Best regards,
Peke